Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppleCare -vs- Sprints Total Equipment Protection plan

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

AppleCare -vs- Sprints Total Equipment Protection plan

AppleCare is $99.00 for two yrs. and Sprint protection is $8.00 a mth. I'm not sure which one is a better deal?...well of coarse Apple offers a cheaper solution but is it as effective as Sprints protection?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

You can't get the Sprint's or anyother company insurance on the iphone. That is the way it has always been since 2007.  But the applecare is very good and you pay $99 for 2 years. If you could get the Sprint insurance you would pay $192 over the 2 years.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Wizard

You can't get the Sprint's or anyother company insurance on the iphone. That is the way it has always been since 2007.  But the applecare is very good and you pay $99 for 2 years. If you could get the Sprint insurance you would pay $192 over the 2 years.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint haven't had the iPhone in their line up till a year ago...but I understand. This will be my first iPhone so excuse my knowledge in apple language,lol. I guess that's an easy decision to make, the only option. AppleCare it is!

Highlighted
Wizard

Your right about Sprint not having all the iphones till recent for the 4s. No insurance through At&T since 2007. I have AppleCare on all my apple products and it is the best way to go. It does not cover lost or stolen, but my thought on that is do not put your phone down anywhere where someone could take it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Good point!...but let's say u do have your phone stolen or lose, what's the price u pay to have it replaced? Sprints coverage covered that with a deductible.

Highlighted
Wizard

For that I am pretty sure you would have to pay full price for the phone since that isn't covered.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is actually not true. Although I do have AppleCare on my iPad and iPhone 4S both there are other options out there, some which are better. As a matter of fact, Apple covers your iPhone for a year anyway and you can buy AppleCare up until day 364 (I believe) before the general warranty runs out. However if you purchase a protection plan through SquareTrade for instance you will pay like $129 for THREE years and they cover drops, spills and any other type of damage. You could take your phone to a Genius bar and ST will cover it. For full info on that plan see here: http://www.squaretrade.com/iphone-landing24

AppleCare is fine, but it is limited in what they cover. I have been using Apple products since 2003 now and have had plenty of AC experience, yikes!

Highlighted
Wizard

Yes there are other ways to go but through the cell companies and none will cover if phone is lost or stolen.

Highlighted
Wizard

Also, immediately after purchasing your phone and setup, go to:

Settings > iCloud > Find My Phone > On

...so if you lose it, you at least have a chance of finding it.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat