cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I trade my phone for the iPhone 4s without signing a new contract or extending my upgrade date?

Journeyman

Can I trade my phone for the iPhone 4s without signing a new contract or extending my upgrade date?

I have an LG Optimus S and I plan on getting a Sprint brand iPhone 4s from a friend. Can I go into a local store and trade my phone out without signing a new contract or extending my upgrade date? I know I will have to pay the activation fee but I need to know fast because I want it as a late Christmas present.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Can I trade my phone for the iPhone 4s without signing a new contract or extending my upgrade date?

Nope,you will not be able to trade in your LG Optimus S for a iphone because trade in value is $28.00

https://secure2.sprintbuyback.com/consumer/app/ViewEditableModelsPage/ <<check here to see

Journeyman

I understand I can't trade in a piece of trash for the iPhone 4S for the Optimus but what I meant was can I trade my Optimus in and make my phone my already purchased iPhone 4S (sprint brand)

Master

You can swap phones from your account page -

http://www.sprint.com/landings/howtoactivate/index.html

There will be no activation fee, It will not effect your contract end date or upgrade eligibility. You don't have to "trade" it in, You can keep/sell your optimus.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am pretty sure that you can and I don't believe you have to go to the Sprint store to do this.

Go to your main account page, find the phone that you are replacing.

On the right side you will see a drop down menu that says Manage This device.

Click on that and choose Activate a New Phone.

It will take you to a page that will allow you to swap phones by entering the DEC, HEX or IMEI/MEID.

On the iPhone it is the MEID that you are looking for.

Enter that number and follow the prompts and voila!

It should activate the new phone on your account replacing the old one.

No upgrade needed and if there is a contract change that needs to occur, it will tell you.

Re: Can I trade my phone for the iPhone 4s without signing a new contract or extending my upgrade date?

Calebrulez wrote:

I understand I can't trade in a piece of trash for the iPhone 4S for the Optimus but what I meant was can I trade my Optimus in and make my phone my already purchased iPhone 4S (sprint brand)

ohhh,I was very sleepy when i post that.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat