cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Download Apps.

Journeyman

Can't Download Apps.

Is anybody having problems downloading apps from the Apple App Store? No one at Sprint seems to have a clue, which is really sad.

14 REPLIES 14
Journeyman

Re: Can't Download Apps.

I had the problem. Ape would download 1/2 way and not go any further. Spoke to apple tec, you must have "3 bars amd 3G".

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for trying to help but, I have full bars, and still can't download. Glad it worked for you. I'm touch with Apple, because Sprint tech support is clueless. I think there is aporblem with the Sprint network, which will be a HUGE mess once iOS6 is released.

Journeyman

Grrr !

I'm having the exact same problem today.   

The area I'm in isn't perfect, but I've never had a problem downloading apps, listening to Pandora, etc.  

I went to the App Store to get the update for Instagram, and it's been sitting there all day,

It either gives me the Loading...   or the Unable to Load App error.  

I didn't notice a problem yesterday, but I was mostly on Wi-Fi.   So the problem would be between the App Store and Sprint's network

Wizard

This is actually a known issue that Apple and Sprint are currently working on to resolve.  I really don't have a whole lot of information other than 'they are working on it'.  I know it's not as much information as you're looking for, but please know that both parties are involved on getting this fixed.  As soon as additional information becomes available, I will update you.

Thank you.

David

Journeyman

This would have been a good chance to spead a little corporate goodwill, and send us all a text message about the issue. 

Don't know if the situation's changed, but there was nothing on the home page earlier, and nothing in my email inbox.  

The little things mean a lot, when you have a situation like we have with the iPhones on Sprint.   We know our service is throttled or there's a config issue, because our friends and colleagues who have the same model can run circles around us.  We have to deal with the same "it's being worked on" response when we call in, and when we read the forums here.  

Maybe it's time to get a little proactive.   Just sayin'.   Not trying to be mean or anything.  

Journeyman

I have recently had the same problem with the iPhone app store for the past two days. 

To make a long story somewhat short, I had a navigation app downloaded (using 3g), and then a day later decided I wanted to download another navigation app.  I went to download navigation app #2 and it kept timing out.  I deleted navigation app #1 and tried to re-download it, but it kept timing out as well.  The only way both apps fully downloaded again was when I logged onto wifi.  But I know for a fact that these apps can be downloaded with using 3g.

As I am typing this message, I deleted another app (non navigation) that I have had for a while, and went to install it, but again, it gives me "unable to download app at this time".

I hope this problem gets fixed soon! Let me know if anyone has any new updates!

Journeyman

When will this be fixed??  Sprint, you need to update your customers.  this has been going on for a while, are we all getting refunds for the time we were not able to use the appstore and download items?  not trying to be a jerk but this is getting ridiculous.

Journeyman

This is ridiculous Sprint. It is now two weeks and it has not been resolved? I can't wait for the new iPhone to be released. I will be paying my $250 ETF to get out of my remaining contract, selling my Sprint iPhone 4S to some poor soul who does not know how bad Sprint's data services are and moving to AT&T or Verizon. They say you get what you pay for and for 15 years I've been happy with what I got but not any longer. .1Mb/s down and .02Mb/s up average speeds make using the phone without WiFi for anything but calls painful. Now its been two weeks with issues downloading apps on 3G and no fix. Good luck, with enough people abandoning Sprint, maybe the network will actually be usuable.

Wizard

VictorWISC,

I apologize that the issue has not been addressed at this time. Apple has informed us that they are aware of the issue and are working to get it resolved. There are a few workarounds to help get you back to your application downloading. You can try the following:

• Make sure your data is working. (Open Safari browser, navigate to another page).
  • Power-cycle the device.
  • Open the phone dial pad and type ##update# (##873283#).   
    • Tap Call.
    • Tap Ok and the Starting Service update prompt.
    • When Service update is complete, tap Ok.
  • Go to Settings > Safari > Clear Cookies and Data.
  • Go to Settings > Store. Click on the Apple ID email and sign out and sign back in.
  • After you sign back in on the store, go to the Automatic Downloads Option and turn ON Apps, Music and Books.   
    • Make sure Use Cellular Data is ON for Downloads.
  • Turn on and connect to a Wi-Fi network (if available) and try to download an application.

If all of the above still fails, you may have to  connect to iTunes and download applications.

You can also check the Apple forums:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1702

Markie_B

Journeyman

Apps are still only downloading completely through wifi.  Cannot download apps through 3g network (even at full bars).  Any updates?  I just tried re-downloading an old app on 3g and it still failed. 

Mark, I ran through those steps last night with a Sprint representitive, and still didn't accomplish anything.

Wizard

stw2186,

Thank you for your post regarding the app store issue. Have you tried looking at the link to the Apple forums that I posted? I know there are some different steps there as well.

Markie_B

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat