Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed to Galaxy 4s from iPhone and can't get messages from some contacts

Highlighted
Journeyman

Changed to Galaxy 4s from iPhone and can't get messages from some contacts

Hi all-

I got a new Galaxy S4 on last Saturday.  I kept my old iPhone 4s but switched the phone number and service to the new Galaxy S4.  It seems as though people sending me TXT messages from iPhone (thus iMessage) are going to my old phone (I found this out after turning on wifi after not using the iphone all week - lots of messages showed up).  I turned off imessage as I found that was a way to fix the issue, but all that did was make it so I can't get messages from those people at all.  What is the best way to fix this situation?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Changed to Galaxy 4s from iPhone and can't get messages from some contacts

pkutzli,

I'd be more than happy to help with your situation. Please complete the following steps to unregister your iPhone that was using your current 10-digit phone number for iMessage. This is necessary when swapping from an iPhone to a non-iPhone:

Unregister Your iPhone

Note: This option is not recommended unless you plan on selling, gifting, recycling, or otherwise disposing of the device. If the iPhone is associated with an AppleCare® Protection Plan, unregistering the device may affect your ability to validate the warranty associated with the device. If you are preparing to sell, gift, recycle, etc., we suggest you follow the Reset your iPhone process as well.

1. Log in to https://supportprofile.apple.com.
  2. Click Edit Products.
  3. Click X to the right of the iPhone you wish to unregister
  4. Click unregister to confirm.

If this does not work:

1. 1. Go to: https://supportprofile.apple.com.
  2. 2. Log in if not already logged in.
  3. 3.  Click on ">" to the right of the phone listing
  4. 4.  Click "unregister"

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat