cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Sprint Customers have to pay $549 for IPHONE?

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Current Sprint Customers have to pay $549 for IPHONE?

Highlighted
Journeyman

OMG!! THANK YOU SOOOOO much for this. In 11 years I had NO idea this was the policy. Guess since I was upgrading once a year I didn't really need this. Now that I will have to wait every 20 months now, this will come in handy.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do you people really need the Iphone that badly i mean is you Droid and BB that bad or do you just want the new toy on the market.  I for one can wait and before any of you say it my next upgrade is not untill some time next year in Nov.  Just wondering why so many people are crying of this thing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's basically history. Up until earlier this year, many of us using Android or Blackberry phones were enrolled in the Sprint Premier program automatically. The best feature of this program was the ability to upgrade once per year as opposed to once every 2 years. However, in January Sprint reorganized the Sprint Premier program into Silver and Gold levels, Gold being the only one you could qualify to upgrade once per year. Then Sprint eliminated the Sprint Premier program recently and announced it will end December 31, 2011.

So, many of us were excited at the increased rumors of a Sprint iPhone and the ability to upgrade once per year meant that a lot of customers would be able to use that upgrade. However, with Sprint's changes, the majority of customers who previously fit that profile now have an additional year extended on their contract preventing them from the upgrade eligibility. It all boils down to concessions Sprint made in order to ensure they could offer the iPhone at the same price it's available at other carriers (which is the Apple way - same price you pay regardless of where you go regardless of product).

Highlighted
Journeyman

Waylonrobert, part of the history you forgot to mention is if you were in the gold level and have not done your annual upgrade yet, you still can between now and December 2012.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Right you are. From what I gathered a lot of people (like myself) are on the Everything 450 plan, and as such, had their one year upgrade option removed back in January.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You guys are nuts!!! Dont get me wrong my contract is basically up at this point (3 days) but I would never add another line just to get a new phone..... Really is it that serious. Another hot phone will come out and then you all would want that one. You got the phone you have now because you liked it.... Look at it this way the longer you keep it, the sooner the next new shiny phone will be out... It's just a phone "kids". At then end dont they all basically perform the same functions....Think about it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think the majority of people are not wanting the iPhone just because it's a hot phone. I have my own reasons:

1. Developing apps - great to test on (part of my day job)
  2. Apple ecosystem (I have an iMac and an iPad, and with iCloud integration of those devices is going to be better)
  3. I like the form factor and design

Ultimately I haven't left Sprint because of the Premier program benefits (which is now a moot point). and because I have a generous discount through my employer. Overall I have been happy with Sprint (good data speeds in most areas I frequent, few to zero dropped calls, good value, etc.).

I'm sure others have similar views. Your assumption that essentially puts everyone into some sort of "I want the hot phone" group is pretty absurd. You have your opinion and I have mine. Many of us will do what we need to do to get the phone we want. Why does it bother you so much what other people do?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well waylon I believe its a safe "assumption" to say that 100% of the people here agreed to a contract that they are now trying to find ways to circumvent. As posted earlier the way customers are doing this is by adding another line?? WTF. Now that is truly absurd. Also, it does not bother me that much I just think it is a bad idea to start a new line for the Iphone 4s because there will be a Iphone 5 in about a year. That why sprint is deploying LTE aggressively ...the game changer will be here in 2012. Apple knows that to compete with Android they must be present on all major carries thus sprint. But if sprint wants the Iphone 5 they will need LTE coverage...it is not cost effective for apple to manufacture a phone for LTE coverage and wimax. Thats why sprint has kicked it into high gear. But anyway if you sign a two year now, like always you will be stuck in the middle of your contract when the Iphone 5 does arrive. But really there is nothing you can do about that because thats how cell phone companies design there contracts. Oh but wait you can keep adding lines?? Right

Highlighted
Journeyman

The way I see it an iphone 5 with LTE on sprint is worth its retail price, Iphone 4s is not. I think Sprint will eventually offer some type of discount to existing customers if it wants to sell as many iphones as possible.

Highlighted
Journeyman

No not really in regards to the sprint offering more of a discount, Sprint is betting on customers switching to sprint when their contracts have expired. They are banking on the "truly Unlimited" deal. And current customers are not what any cell phone companies are trying to attract we all know that lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

@IamJavone forget this Iphone stuff, you are a hotty!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat