cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Sprint Customers have to pay $549 for IPHONE?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Current Sprint Customers have to pay $549 for IPHONE?

New customers pay $99? Is this correct?

62 REPLIES 62
Highlighted
Journeyman

I was just looking at this as well, and thats how it appears to me also. I would love to upgrade my Evo, and get the iPhone, but not for $549. They should work a deal for existing customers too....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Remember this is the Iphone 4 at $549, not the iphone 4s, iphone 4s will be even more expensive.  The question is whether Sprint will give customers a break on the 4s and allow customers who are not eligible for an upgrade to purchase the iphone 4s at discount prices.  I'm starting to doubt it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yup !!!!!! I can only imagine what the 4s will be !!! 750!!!! If so I will pay my termination fee and sign up with AT&T !! That would be cheaper than buying the phone outright ! Shoot it would be cheaper to do that with the iPhone 4 too ! Totally disappointed ! Even though I have 11 months left on contract I know I need to pay full price but this is insane goodbye sprint

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree with you totally! I didn't even realize that this price was for only the 4 and not 4S. That's a little crazy.... I'm thinking of just adding a line, then waiting a few weeks, and cutting off my Evo, only leaving the iPhone. Can I even do that? Haha

Highlighted
Journeyman

The adding a line, then terminating old line sounds interesting.  I think they would charge you an ETF (Early Termination Fee) on the line you terminate, not sure what that would be, but might just be a better deal.  All I know is if they don't give me a deal now, then I'll wait until my contract is up and at that time evaluate all my options including switching to another provider.  They show no loyalty to me, guess I have no obligation to show any type of loyalty back.

Highlighted
Journeyman

uh no.  log into sprint's website.   i'm eligible for $150 off.. my price for an UPGRADE to iphone 4 =$99

Highlighted
Journeyman

Exactly one year left on my contract   ....... My termination fee is 120 .... iPhone 99.00 with new line ...you do the math ... Lot cheaper than 549.00

Highlighted
Journeyman

The ETF of $200 is reduced after 6 months by $10 per month, so after 1 years the ETF would be $120 so the iphone 4, as an example, would cost you $99+120 = $220, and much better than $549!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

exactly, as I figured it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Actually...if you have a smartphone Sprint increased the ETF to $350 in september

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Pitgal ..... the new etf only applies to new contracts started in september and from then out. Conctracts before then start at $200.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat