cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Sprint Customers have to pay $549 for IPHONE?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Current Sprint Customers have to pay $549 for IPHONE?

New customers pay $99? Is this correct?

62 REPLIES 62
Highlighted
Journeyman

No I have an EVO 4G and Im now eligible for upgrade. Since the iPhone 4 says $99 on my Sprint Store, Im guessing the iPhone 4S will be $199 for me, not $500. Idk where you got that from. You have to have an upgrade to buy the phone for $199

Highlighted
Journeyman

Iphone 4 is $549 for me to, I know I just used and upgrade but would be nice to get an iphone and two more years for lower price.  Oh well, sprint will just be that way.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did you buy your EVO 4g at full price? How are you eligible for an upgrade already? I also have an EVO 4g since release day and I still have a good 4-5 months left on my contract

Highlighted
Journeyman

I bought mine in November of last year, not in June's release day. I did but it full price though, but i did the bill to account option. Either way, I was either going to pay fll price for the EVO or iPhone. I have an upgrade from 2 years now because the one I had in April from the Premier Program was eliminated by Sprint, of course.

Highlighted
Master

If you paid full price with no discounts on the phone you would not have used your upgrade eligibility If you will send me a private message with you phone number and pin or security question answer I will be happy to check what your upgrade date is

Highlighted
Journeyman

Until a few days ago, I had a $75 upgrade, but now it's gone, and I have to wait until JULY.  Paying ETF will be cheaper and switching to another carrier that offers a deal on iphone to new customers (like SPRINT does) sounds like what I will end up doing.  They are rewarding new customers and effing over the loyal ones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, Sprint's current practices are concerning.  On the outside, it looks like they are betting on new customers, and leveraging support for existing ones.  I appreciate good business and spend my money accordingly.  They do not owe us an upgrade, but getting rid of the premier program before the iPhone announcement was a slap in the face to us all and not at all coincidental.  On the other hand, I'm sure Sprint recognizes the network challenges they are about to face.  The iPhone onslaught broke AT&T's network when it first came out, which was more stable than Sprint's is now.  I'm not so sure Sprint is "screwing" existing customers.  I think they are afraid of what such an influx of existing AND new iPhone customers would do to their already fragile network.  iPhones are flat out data hogs, and the strain it could put on the network could potentially hurt Sprint more than making existing customers wait a little longer.  The biggest concern shouldn't be why can't I get an iPhone today.  It should be how is Sprint's network going to hold up.  I've been with them for 1.5 years, came for the EVO and was suckered in by the promise of 4G.  In that timeframe I still haven't gotten 4g access and my 3g speeds have taken a definite hit since I joined.  So if they can't keep up with network demand before the iPhone...how the heck are they going to keep up with them?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had my Palm phone for just over 1 1/2 years, and everyday I'm amazed it's still alive.  Mostly because it will ONLY charge on a computer, and most apps seem to dissapear daily. . .  I'm in desperate need of a new phone since I use my cell phone as my work phone. I was excited to see that the iPhone was coming to sprint because I like sprint and I love the price of my plan.  I was going to upgrade, and hoped that sprint would allow me to simply pay the $50 plan cancellation and sign a new plan. . . but looking at the website that is not an option.  My phone will NOT make it to February so it's definitely worth the extra hassel to me to switch to Verizon and cancel my plan here since that will save me money on the phone itself and get a new phone in my hands before this old one becomes a paperweight officially.

Highlighted
Journeyman

add a line convert your plan to family plan

Make your new line your primary line

Cancel your old line and revert to a single plan

Save hundreds of dollars

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a family plan now and that's what I was thinking of doing.  Adding a 3rd line with the iphone, then cancel my original and pay the $50 etf (5 months remaining on contract).  This would work, right?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes it would

As long as your primary line isn't the one being canceled

Highlighted
Journeyman

To confirm your prior statement, I would just have to make the 3rd line the primary line then cancel, correct?  The primary is not "set in stone" to the first line.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat