cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Sprint Customers have to pay $549 for IPHONE?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Current Sprint Customers have to pay $549 for IPHONE?

New customers pay $99? Is this correct?

62 REPLIES 62
Highlighted
Journeyman

I really don't understand why all you self entitled jerks feel that Sprint owes you an automatic upgrade even when you are nowhere near eligible for one under new or old terms. The iPhone rumors have been floating around for months. If you wanted one at a discount you should have just waited for it and not used your last upgrade like I did. I'm sorry but I have no sympathy for you people. Sprint owes you nothing as you already took advantage of upgrade pricing previously.

Highlighted
Wizard

Thank you GeneralLee3. I read all these people complaining because Sprint won't let early upgrades and half are the ones who didn't want the iphone. Anyother time a new phone has come out no one trys for early upgrades. What is the difference now? GeneralLee3 is right, we have known for awhile that the iphone was coming to Sprint. Live with what you bought or pay full price or leave.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I respectfully disagree. If you got your new phone in Jan-May, you had no idea that this phone was coming. And therefore makes your statement a moot point.

Highlighted
Journeyman

They told me, you have to wait 30 days before you can switch the new number for your old number.

Highlighted
Journeyman

this is a total joke , when I chatted online with a CS rep I was basically told to go to another carrier   lol way to go sprint!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be whiney I'm more sad that I have to leave Sprint in order to get an iPhone right now.  My phone will not make it until my upgrade date.  I've been with sprint for 8 years, I spent over 6 years on my first phone refusing to upgrade because I loved it that much.  The phone eventually did die so I used my upgrade, my upgraded phone is now mostly useless after 1 1/2 years.  I don't feel that Sprint should give people like me the upgrade for free.  I just wish that I could pay the ETF and get the new iPhone with a brand new contract, I'd even be willing to pay double the ETF in order to stay with Sprint.  What I'm not willing to do is pay $400 more up front to stay with a company I've been loyal to for 8 years just because my current phone will not last me until my upgrade date.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If I understand it correctly and I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong:  You don't have to leave Sprint if you are willing to pay the ETF.  What you can do is pay the ETF, terminate your account and sign up for a new account with Sprint.  I think you will lose your current phone # though, so if that's important to you it could be a problem.  This is what I am planning on doing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What you can do is add a line, and in 30 days switch your 'real' number from the old phone to the iphone. Then get somebody to take over your old phone/number. OR if you cancel your current contract....pay the EFT, your spending about $500 ($250 EFT and $220 iphone) for a new phone and new account. Is it really worth it?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not exactly accurate.....it all depends on how much time you have left on your contract and when you went into that agreement.  For me, I have 5 months left on my contract, so I can cancel for $50 + $199 for new iphone nets to $249.  For me, it's worth it as my phone is on it's last leg.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am with you Deer....I am willing to pay the ETF instead of hanging on to my Blackberry for 6 more months!  I just wanted to make sure that there's not some loophole in the contracts that I am missing.  I called their customer support and they told me it was ok to do this but I've been misled before.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, I called them as well.  From what I understand, I would add another line to my family plan (for the iphone and make that line the primary), then I would cancel the original and pay the $50.  Only downfall to this that I see is that I can not retain my original number.  They did say after 30 days I could get the number back if it were available.  Not a big deal in my eyes.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oh see. I didn't know your contract ETF was based on the amount of time left on the contract. Now thats something to look into. But having just got this BB in May, its prob not enough to make a dent. PLUS I want my number. I am NOT willing to go through all of that and not be able to use the iphone as my primary phone immediately.

I am going to go to a hood authorized dealer here in Brooklyn, and see if they could make it happen for me. I want the iphone for $200 with my same number and put this BB in the box it came in. LOL

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat