cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Sprint Customers have to pay $549 for IPHONE?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Current Sprint Customers have to pay $549 for IPHONE?

New customers pay $99? Is this correct?

62 REPLIES 62
Highlighted
Journeyman

Well they have to be able to keep their corrent coustomers as well. Plus they have some 30 million iphones they need to sell, on top of that its also available on 2 other carriers. And their unlimited deta plan on the iphone is on the 3g network which doesn't sound very attractive to me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah true. On the other hand who has a 4g Iphone??  I know att has the HSPA network stuff. But their data is teired and plans are more expensive. May not be a selling point to all but Sprint users like their unlimited usage and pricing. Also, all iphones on any network sell for the same price...also with any network the customer truly get the best price when their contract has expired... In the end Sprint has the best deals so I think it is a good bet. They will gain NEW customers with this strategy and ones out of contract will re-sign. For my usage sprint is great i love the unlimited. Or maybe I am missing something how can you get a Iphone cheaper on another network because they all sale for the same price....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well if a current coustomer wants an iphone, and sprint wont give it to   them at a discount , they probably wont be very happy. And they are   likely to leave regardless of who can give them a better deal. Dont   think that will happen though, a lot of people wanted the iphone 5, not   this iphone 4s apple is giving us. But still I think Sprint offering a   partial discount to coustomers 12-15 months in to their contracts would  be better than losing a coutomer all together. Anyways I dont expect  sprint to do any of this, but I also dont expect then to sell that many  iphones. I could be wrong though maybe a lot of people on other carriers  are not happy with their current plans, and the iphone will attract  them to sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well , they have 30.5 million of them over the next 4 years.... these could be all iphone 4s or some iphone 5 models depends on the demand. Sprint has already paid for this. Sprint is aggressively rolling out LTE...so Imagine the Iphone 5  which will be LTE capable on an unlimited network... If sprint can survive that long ...this will turn out to be a good bet ...Hell Im thinking about taking a chance and doubling my Sprint stock I think its a sure thing.... We will see

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah iphone 5 with LTE with sprint unlimited deta plan definitely equals a win in my book.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That is correct. That's why i'm mad right now. i had an upgrade and they took it away recently. they broke my phone at the sprint store and won't fix it or replace it and lied to me about it to get me to buy it and it's crap! i've been with Sprint for 4-5 years now and i've been screwed every month with them. They should be as loyal to their customers as their customers are to them. I've sent in 3 "Mail in rebates" in the last 5 years and they have come up with an excuse every time to why they won't send it. They're basically LEGALLY SCAMMING people. it's not right. And good luck trying to get a sprint rep that gives a shit about customers. i just got hung up on yesterday and today and when i tried to "chat" with a rep on here the screen closed out and no one was there.

Highlighted
Journeyman

There is absolutely no early upgrade discount for the iPhone. It's either the 2 year upgrade price or full price for all carriers. And I'm sure there are enough stupid and impatient people out there that want the iPhone so badly, they are willing to bend over and fork over the cash. Apple is laughing all the way to the bank!

Highlighted
Journeyman

you guys are bitching like little girls.... stop complaining... either buy the phone at regular price or pay a ETF and do a new contract with the iphone....

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am not to concerned about the effects of the iphone on sprints network.  It has been shown that android users actually use more data than iphone users.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My largest issue is that my girlfriend has a samsung moment.  The thing is so underpowered that she has problems answering calls, or sending messages and emails.  And don't even think of trying to play the most popular game out there.  Angry birds won't run at all on her phone.  In my opinion sprint should let people with phones like that upgrade early.  I have a evo 4g I don't really expect to be able to upgrade early, but it would be nice if I didn't have to wait so long.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same issue here!  Cant upgrade but can get my stupid phone that doesn't work replaced a billion times....

Highlighted
Journeyman

nope i have been with them 8 years and have 11 months to go on my current contract, i was a premier customer, and they will not give me a deal on the new 4s...649 dollars? much cheaper for me to cancel and move to verizon.  I told them that and they did not seem to care at all.   I guess i need to spend a week or so checking out other carriers, such a pain

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat