Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data speed so bad - is this it?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Data speed so bad - is this it?

For the first time I needed to RELY on the iphone being used long term, away from wifi and a charging outlet.

Was out with someone on AT&T also a iphone 4s.

At one point, standing next to each other, we both downloaded the same app. Took him less than a minute, over 10 minutes for me.

He had one dropped call, I couldnt connect 4 calls!

He had easy access on Safari to multiple websites. I tried, and waited, then waited some more and got access.

And finally, we both left the car with phones charged to 100%, mine was down to 86% at the end of 45 minutes, his was down to 94%.

Speedtest results for me of...... 0.07 down and 0.02 up.

Chat support "remote reset" me, I call BS as I'm not seeing any improved service.

Unhappy.

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Journeyman

Here in Vegas, inside of a large building, I only have 3 bars and of course I am connected to the 3G, my upload and download are both over .65 Mpbs.  When I am in the open here in town, it easily goes over a Meg.  Good luck with your problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is it like that all the time? Meaning is it spread out in multiple locations and at all times of the day?   I have yet to incur any functional issues, but I have only been a Sprint user for a couple weeks.   I tried the speed test a few times and it was as low as .35mb and as high as 1.5.  My upload doesn't ever seem to be higher than .30-.40 mb, but then I really havent tested it that much either.  

If it is doing that all the time, I say it is an issue with the device, if it is during heavy traffic times and non-functional, keep calling!  Slow is one thing, but not being able to use it is not acceptable.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Agree with everyone - my iPhone 4s on Sprint is totally unsable for anything data related when away from wifi.  This is a joke and we're the punchline.  I feel like I'm getting slapped in the face when I see the Sprint unlimited data commerical on TV - sure its unlimited because it doesn't work at all!  I'm in Chicago and I'm unable to send mms, unable to upload pics to FB, opening a webpage is simply horrific...  and this is in the 3rd largest market in the Country!   What is Sprint doing about this?  And on top of this I pay a "premium data fee" for this phone????

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat