Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear iPhone 5...my upgrade is ready NOW

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dear iPhone 5...my upgrade is ready NOW

OMG. I am so in need of the iPhone 5! right now I have the Moment(not to mention it is very busted. I think it's time I treat myself.) BUT, it comes out alll the way in JUne or something?? So my question is....Should I settle for the iPhone 4???? Help me people. #IndecisiveSprintAddict

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Wizard

Apple's upgrade cycle has been about once a year.  At best if they early announce, that will be June 1 or so, but typically they announce in September. But I'm guessing.

Assuming the 5 will have an LTE 4G chipset, fall seems about right if you're going to wait on Sprint.

Just get a 4 or 4s, already.  LTE network will take a couple years before build-out is completed.  The form factor, screen size/resolution and performance of the 4/4s are hard to beat.

Highlighted
Wizard

I had to laugh...I'm in the same impatient boat as you.

I'm holding out for the 5.  My wife has the 4S...beautiful phone that does exactly what she needs.  I still love my Evo and haven't seen anything the 4S does (other than Siri) that my Evo can't do as well.  If the 5 delivers what the rumors state, it won't even be a debate.  The real unknown is when we'll see it.  It sounds as if they're ready to ship now and there's talk of early release to coincide with Steve's birthday.  Then again, the 4S still has a wait list for certain configurations...economically there's no reason for Apple to introduce a new model sooner than Fall 2012.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It will be about Fall before the iphone 5 will come out.  It might be another year or 2 before you see LTE in your area also.  It just depends where you live.  If someone wants the iphone 5 on an LTE network they might need to go with Verizon or AT&T who will get the iphone 5 on their LTE

Highlighted
Journeyman

I seriously can not wait for fall to get a new phone...Thank you, though. My decision is getting cleeearer! lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

I cant blame you.  The Samsung Moment was a horrible phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

lololol oh man, my screen is cracked, the backpiece is missing..I can't. I just can't anymore. i need 8mega pixels and all that continuous talktime! but apple iCare is a fortune! why cant iUse my sprint insurance?? sheesh!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the iphone 4S.  I really like the phone.  It is pretty solid.  I have had it for almost 2 months and have not had one glitch or F'up.  The only downside is the Sprint 3G is very slow in my area.  So unless Im on wifi, the phone is pretty much useless past calling and texting.

I agree about the apple care.  Its really expensive.  But so is the phone I guess.  A 16GB 4S will only cost you $200 but thats because of the contract.  Normally its a $650 phone.  So paying the $100 apple care plus you will have to pay $50 if you need to make a claim.  But then you will be comparing $150 to a new $650 phone.  I did not get the insurance though.  I plan on upgrading when the Iphone 5 comes out anyways.

Highlighted
Wizard

Applecare = $99 for 2 years.  Sprint ins. at $8 per month = $192 for 2 years.  Apple doesn't cover theft, but then again, if your dumb enough to set your phone down in a public place and walk away then you deserve to have it taken.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well the Apple care is technically $150.  Its $50 to submit a ticket to get your phone looked at.  But you are right, its still cheaper than the TEP over 2 years.  Its the upfront cost that some people cant afford.  Especially after paying a few hundred for the phone, activation fees, etc.  You have 30 days though.

I never got the TEP either.  I think its a rip off.  They really cant fix alot of issues people have with the phones.  They just replace if with another phone that had issues.  And then they argue the damage to the phone sometimes.  Rather its covered or not.  I just stayed away from the TEP throughout all my years and phones.  I have probably saved myself over $1000.

I was going to get the apple care.  Than my 30 days was over before I knew it.  O well.  If it breaks I will either pay to have it fixed, or get me a cheapy phone until the iphone 5 comes out anyways.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I guess i'll have to be reeeally careful and put my phone in one of those cases that takes away from the brilliantly sleek design of the white iPhone that I plan to get..afterall, I do have a daughter who's going on 2years old.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got mine in a otterbox commuter series.  It makes the phone larger and takes away the design.  But I found the iphone to be a bit slippery and the Otterbox helps with my grip.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat