Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desperately trying to unlock iPhone SE

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Desperately trying to unlock iPhone SE

Hello everybody, I was given a sprint iPhone SE from a friend, who told me the phone is paid off and unlock eligible. I have put in the request to Sprint, and she has also tried to put a request to sprint. 7 days later, the iPhone is still locked to Sprint (tested with T-mobile and AT&T sims, only Sprint sim allows the phone to be used). We've both been stuck in circles with Sprint phone/chat support. She's tired of dealing with them, and I've tried to follow up on getting this phone unlocked. I do not have her PIN or security questions (obviously would be too much to ask her for such sensitive information), but I have her name, address, phone number, and email that she's given me permission to use to get this phone unlocked. Of course, I have the IMEI on hand too. If any support representative can get this phone unlocked for me by the end of the week (travelling overseas, no coverage from any of the Big 4 where I'm headed to), it would be very appreciated so I can pop in a local SIM.

Thank you for reading. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Desperately trying to unlock iPhone SE

Hey sprintaway2, let's take a look into this. I have sent you a Private Message, feel free to reply at your earliest convenience.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Hello there!

Please bear in mind that there are certain requirements a device has to meet before it can be unlocked:

•The device is SIM Unlock capable
•The device must be or have been active on the Sprint network for a minimum of 50 days
•Any associated Service Agreement (or any Minimum Service Term, where applicable), Installment Billing Agreement, or Lease Agreement has been fulfilled including, but not limited to, payment in full of any applicable: 1) early termination fees, 2) accelerated installment or lease payments, and/or 3) end-of-lease purchase options. Because leased devices are not owned by the user, the end of lease purchase option must be exercised and paid in full before the SIM unlock is completed.
•The associated account is in good standing
•The device has not been reported as lost or stolen, associated with fraudulent activity, or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked.

For further information and assistance, please contact our International department directly:

Call 888-226-7212 or visit Sprint Worldwide contact page to email or chat with them.

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I’m aware of the guidelines. Both of those contact methods were tried, phone remains locked. I am not a sprint customer, so I cannot use either method since I do not have a sprint number. It seems others are in a similar situation. Please help! 

Highlighted

Hey sprintaway2, let's take a look into this. I have sent you a Private Message, feel free to reply at your earliest convenience.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Replied, thanks! 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

has the device been turned on with the Sprint sim card in it while it has been connected to wifi while you both have been trying to get it unlocked?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes as stated in my first post, I tried the sprint sim first with I restored the phone, and that wasn’t a problem. Whenever I pop in a T-Mobile or AtT or Alfa sim, it locks the phone up and says sim not supported.

Sprint needs to push the IMEI to apple to add to their unlocked GSX database so that the unlock activates on Apple’s side/server. Sprint has been unable to do this for me so far, but I’m hopeful 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i read your original post..which is why i asked..you said you popped it in and it worked...but you didnt mention if it was in when Sprint was trying to send you the unlock code..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Nobody sends unlocks directly to iPhones, sprint must relay the code to apple, who then updates the activation policy issued to the iPhone 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mayorin got my phone unlocked in 24 hours after supplying him the needed information. Thank you for being such a phenomenal help! 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat