cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did anyone receive their Applecare with phone after paying for it?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I purchased an iphone 4s and applecare protection on preorder date.  And to my astonishment I received my phone via ups minus the applecare I had paid for.  Packing slip stated it was on backorder.  I was like wtf!  Sprint did not advise me item was back ordered and site stated it was available.  I then tried to contact cs regarding this matter and I couldn't get a reasonable answer.  I first reached a call center in Colombia in which the rep advised I was probably one of the few unlucky ones that didn't receive it due to human error in shipping.  Obviously this was unnaceptable.  Then I was told by a second rep, this was fairly new for their staff and weren't aware of how to direct or handle my call.  I stated it was clear I paid for it and I could even email them a copy of my total order invoice.  They were reluctant to issue me a refund. Then I reached out to their business dept cs who advised sprint was not the one responsible for this mishap, and instead I would have to reach out to apple.  I called apple and of course they told me to call sprint since it was through them I purchased the applecare.  I have several apple products at home and I know applecare comes in a little white box with a code you use to activate your product.  Sprint also advised that applecare might alerady be applied to my account.  This is bullcrap becausee you need to activate this yourself.  I got no answers and I have a phone I can't activated.  Anyone else go through this?

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Journeyman

How can applecare not include lost, stolen or liquid damage? and only 2 incidents.

Ok, so its a fine product and shouldn't need service but isn't the accidental damage

dropped in toilet, sink, rain can cause liquid damage they don't cover.

its easy to lose your phone i a cab, or lay it down and forget. no coverage there

and plenty of iphones are gone due to Give me your Phone crooks, not covered either.

AppleCare+ for iPhone provides coverage for up to two incidents of  accidental damage from handling. Each incident is subject to a $49  service fee.

what do they deem accidental damage, slipping out your hand? sitting on it by mistake? how bout tossing it on the couch an it bounces on the floor.

what if your kids take a  hammer to it.. is that accidental?

How about surge protection while charging when lighting strikes.. whats about that?

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

@Xmatic - I am going to send you a PM for your information to help track this down for you. Thanks, Blue

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine said backordered also....I choose not to stress but should I?

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is only going to get worse.

1) You can not associate a AppleCare+ Plan without a Plan registration number.

2) According to (mostly clueless) Sprint Support they are not actually mailing out

anything. Supposidly the Plans are already associated with the phones.

3) Checking the Apple site only show the basic 90/phone 1yr/hardware support and

not the 2yr AppleCare+ with my iPhone 4S.

I'm giving them 2 weeks and then I'm going to escalate or go to my CC company and

get the $99 back and order a plan direct from Apple.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Interesting.. I ordered insurance from WORTH AVE GROUP friday, and it took affect today until 2012 oct 14.

They emailed me my policy, paper copies coming in the mail. Forms if i need to make a claim. Check list for claims.

and they cover lost, stolen and more with unlimited claims with a $50 deductible. and insure up to $600

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update...

After I became fed up with the total lack of information from Sprint Customer Care

(which is usually quite good) I went back to the Apple Applecare registration site

and followed the "If you don't have/can't find your Applecare agreement number"

procedure.

Prior to that I added the iPhone to my Apple account so they knew the fact I

have an iPhone and it's hardware serial number.

Basically they asked me to email or fax proof that I purchased the AppleCare+

Plan. I used my Sprint Packing Ticket.

This morning I get an email from Apple saying my AppleCare+ Plan is active until

10/13/2013 and showed the hardware serial number of my iPhone. I printed that

email off and stored it with my other important iPhone documents.

I also verified on the Apple Applecare the Ac+ Plan was active on the Apple

web site and it is.

So now I don't really know if this is because Sprint did something or Apple acted

on my documentation.

J

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update to all,

I just received my applecare + email last night from apple which had my applecare  contract coverage included in a pdf file.  And I double checked with apple's website and confirmed the same.  I have my applecare now on my new iphone 4S!  Good luck to others!

Highlighted
Journeyman

This has been a frustrating experience so far. So first my applecare+ doesn't show up on Sprint or Apple. After eChat it is added to my account but I was then double charged and had to call in to remove it. After 2 days still is not showing up on Apple website nor receiving any kind of documentations from Apple. Send an email to Apple resulting them asking me for my agreement number which I do not have and Sprint has no idea of. Should've really waited and just buy a 3rd party insurance...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yep you shoulda went with the 3rd party insurance like WORTH AVE GROUP,  cause if you get one of the damages APPLE doesnt cover an the thrid party does.. you re going be pretty mad,

Highlighted
Journeyman

I received an email from Sprint with my Applecare+ information. I did not purchase the insurance coverage when I preordered but was able to make the purchase during activation. It took 2 to 3 days to get the insurance confirmation in my email account.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had this issue as well and went through the exact same run around. I was told to wait a few days by both Apple and Sprint to see how it sorted out last weekend (at one point I was even told the issue was because my phone had not fully been synced with my iTunes account). I've waited. Still nothing has been resolved. I had contact from Sprint again today assuring me that its on my account, but have reached a similar conclusion.

1) According to Apple you don't have AppleCare+ unless it has been registered with them (mine still hasn't nor have I been given a product code to do so). Checking their website still shows my warranty expires in a year.

2) According to Sprint AppleCare+ is on my account. I can't find proof of this anywhere. Its not listed on my account page, etc.  Although I'm assured by Sprint Support that they can see it on my account... Which does cause an issue because won't I be going to Apple with support for my phone 13 months down the road if it breaks?

The only proof I have is the slip saying backorder, and the fact when I check the MyOrder Status page from Sprint, the AppleCare+ was never assigned a tracking number. I plan on visiting the Sprint store near my house tomorrow prior to placing any more calls. I'll keep my fingers crossed in the meantime that maybe I'll get lucky and receive an e-mail with the information.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat