Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, Sprint Delaying Iphone 7 unlock

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Help, Sprint Delaying Iphone 7 unlock

Currently I am very disappointed in my service is being provided by spring being that I’ve been a customer for over 14 years. Recently one of the additional lines on my family plan was canceled and the phone number was ported out to another carrier. In the process the phone needed to be unlocked. Over one week ago I tried to start this process. Since this time I’ve talk to multiple agents getting a different story for why the phone is not unlocked yet. Multiple cases have been opened without any resolution. Every time I call back I keep getting told that I should call back in 72 hours as this is how long it’ll take for your phone to be unlocked. Has anyone else had similar issues and how do I go about having this phone successfully unlocked? This has been very frustrating.Thank you

59 REPLIES 59
Journeyman

Re: Help, Sprint Delaying Iphone 7 unlock

Sorry for the grammatical errors above, this was posted using siri. But in general I’m just looking for a quick solution to having my iphone 7 unlocked. And also checking to see if others have had the same issue and if they’ve been able to get it resolved. Quick background, the iphone im looking to unlock was previously in a 2 year contract and the ETF was paid. Thus, satisfying the contract requirements.
Journeyman

Issue resolved. Work order applied for the pending line closure to hasten the ability to have the iphone unlocked. Once this was taken care of the iphone was unlocked promptly.
Journeyman

I have had the exact same problem and am beyond frustration.  I've been a sprint customer since 2012 and have barely called them until this point.  I am currently a travel nurse in Montana and sprint has zero service here.  So, the logical thing to do is change carriers.  I decided to keep my parents sprint phones and send them new sims.  Days prior to them inserting the sim cards I called sprint to verify that they wouldn't have any problems with the phones being locked and was told, "no they shouldn't have any problems." They inserted the sims and the phones were locked.  I called on 7/10 and spoke to Jay (after being transferred 5 times without forewarning) who told me that I needed to pay my bill before creating a ticket to have the phones unlocked.  I paid it while on the phone with him through the lovely sprint app.  He said great and that he was creating a ticket to unlock.  Then by Thursday I called back again and spoke to a woman.  I had a hard time understanding her and she told me that she put in another ticket and it would be expedited.  Saturday still nothing, so I called again and spoke to a man who at the end of a very long conversation told me, "you don't have to call back anymore the issue will be taken care of."  So I said what day will my phones be working?  He told me Sunday 7/15.  So here is Monday 7/16 this process was started almost 7 days ago.  My parents who are in different parts of the country have been without cell service for this long.  I'm at my wits end with sprint and will definitely not refer them to anyone at this point, which is sad because i've had great service until this point.  All I want is my phones unlocked.

Wizard

That doesn't sound like fun at all. I am happy to look into this more and see if I can get the phone unlocked for you. I'll send you a private message so I can get more details.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

I have been having zero success with Sprint customer care in regards to unlocking my old iphone 7 plus that I purchased when I upgraded recently. It has been one of the most frustrating experiences that I have ever had to deal with. I have been a Sprint customer since 2003 and I have 5 lines on my account. Can someone who knows what they are doing please help me. 

Loren

Lorenandjoyce13,

I'll be happy to help you with the unlock. Have you had a ticket submitted already?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Every time I speak to a representative, they tell me that the case is still pending. I have record of case number 211449490 which I believe was the first case opened back on 7/16/18. I was told that I would be notified within 48 hours that the phone has been unlocked. I have received no such notification and I get a different story every time I call Sprint. 

please help

Loren

Have you placed another SIM in the phone yet?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

I will try that now I guess. I was waiting to get confirmation of the unlock. Are you showing it as unlocked in your system?

I haven't looked up anything yet. I'll send you a private message to get the IMEI.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

I’m having the same issue and I can’t get any agent to tell me the same story twice let  alone help me. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat