cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you silence all sounds on I phone?

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do you silence all sounds on I phone?

I just got the Iphone 4 and while I am at work i want to silence all sounds and cant figure out how. I have the volume turned all the way down but when i get a text message it still makes noise. Please help anyone!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

take it to the parkinglot and put it under your tire and run it over.   Why would you not just reed the book that tells you how to silece the phone?  I still think running it over with your car is the best idea

Highlighted
Journeyman

use the silver lever on the side.  When you see it's red, everything should be silenced.

Highlighted
Journeyman

keith 36420 for your information i read the book that came with it and i couldnt find the answer or i wouldnt have posted it here!

Highlighted
Journeyman

lampremier- thanks saw that button onthe side but didnt know what it did thank you again

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have to admit I had to look it up in the user manual too. As said, the little switch above the volume  buttons will silence the iPhone. If the orange is showing its on silent. You can activate and deactivate vibration via the sounds menu

Journeyman

I couldn't figure it out either. Then, I accidentally flipped the button while putting a new otter box on. Couldn't figure out how I lost all sound. Finally found the little switch!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat