cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone 5 and Sprint? A JOKE

Journeyman

IPhone 5 and Sprint? A JOKE

I am so upset that I spent my money on this phone and on this company. I have been dealing with this terrible service for months and no one gives me an answer. problems: dropped calls, text messages don't send, internet connection not found, news feeds won't load pretty much all of the service. I've read a million times online that other people are having the  same issues im having. Sprint has connectivity issues with iphone 5! And no one from sprint tells you. Yet they continue to sell it to people taking their money for pointless phone service. I go on this website and everyone is complaining about the same thing and all they do is ask for is where you live and then they say oh yeah those towers aren't doing so well. Isn't that a problem? That everyone is complaining about the same thing? And they don't do anything? I called sprint today I tell the lady I've read that sprint has connectivity issues with iphone 5. She says, " yea to be honest our service isnt the best with that phone and we've been getting many complaints." "the towers around your home are perfectly fine so I recommend you go to a sprint repair store to make sure your phone isn't defective." I go to the sprint store and after waiting for 40 minutes the guy says ," it must be the network towers, your phone is perfectly fine, we've been having tons of complaints all day the towers are down from here to long beach!" I said," thats strange i just talked to costumer service and the lady on the phone said my towers are fine. and I've been having this issue since march." Then he says, " maybe it's your antenna." Me: "you just said my phone is fine." Him: well the towers are down so I don't know what to tell you." I was so annoyed when I left. I refuse to call Apple, Sprint! I've read it a million times the issue is the terrible network not the phone! I have no money to leave this company and I'm stuck for a year and 6 months FML with a phone that doesn't work. Let me repeat that I AM PAYING $89.99 A MONTH FOR LITTLE TO NO SERVICE. I'm thinking about selling my phone and switching to an android. brother has one on sprint and it has great service while I'm stuck with a; no network connection, call failed, or this "o". I'm not asking for a refund I just want a phone that doesn't drop my calls. I'm so annoyed. It's pointless to have an iphone 5 on sprint. I don't care anymore ill take an android but sprint needs to fix this.

31 REPLIES 31
Journeyman

Re: IPhone 5 and Sprint? A JOKE

As I was speaking to customer service my call drooped twice I had to call her back on my mothers T-mobile phone

Wizard

r.mariana93,

Thanks for the post. The iphone 5 is designed with dual antennas which make for good reception as long as the phone is functioning properly. Whether a phone has internal android software or has the internal operating of an Apple product has little to do with the actual reception of a device. 

You mentioned a few issues that could be consistent with text messaging issues and data connectivity issues. You can check the following troubleshooting steps to see if this helps:

Text messaging issues:

•Unable to send or receive text messages

•Displaying error codes or network messages when you try to send a text message

These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.

1.Verify your Apple iPhone 5 is connected to the Sprint network.

Be sure your Apple iPhone 5 is connected to the Sprint voice network to send or receive text messages.

a.Place a phone call.

b.If the phone call fails, update the profile.

c.Test your device to see if the issue is resolved.

2.Perform a soft reset.

A soft reset reconnects your Apple iPhone 5 to the Sprint network.

a.From the home screen, press and hold the Power key and the Home key.

b.Release the Power key and the Home key when the Apple logo appears.

c.Your Apple iPhone 5 restarts.

d.Test your device to see if the issue is resolved.

3.Have you ever been able to send or receive a text message on your Apple iPhone 5?

If your Apple iPhone 5 is active and you've never been able to text, contact Sprint Customer Care for further troubleshooting.

Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Apple iPhone 5 is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.

Data Connectivity Issues:

These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.

1.Verify your Apple iPhone 5 is connected to the Sprint network using Safari.

Be sure mobile data is enabled. Some features and applications require a data connection to work properly.

a.From the home screen, tap Safari.

b.Try to browse to a web page.

c.If the data connection fails, update the profile.

2.Perform a soft reset.

A soft reset reconnects your Apple iPhone 5 to the Sprint network.

a.From the home screen, press and hold the Power key and the Home key.

b.Release the Power key and the Home key when the Apple logo appears.

c.Your Apple iPhone 5 restarts.

3.Do you know if other Sprint customers are experiencing the same problem in the same location?

•If yes or you don't know: Please contact Sprint Customer Care for help.

•If no: Please find the nearest Sprint Repair center and schedule an appointment so a Sprint technician can further diagnose the issue.

4. To optimize device performance, be sure your Apple iPhone 5 is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.

If the issue is however the network in your area we can troubleshoot the direct tower affecting you. Please provide us your zip code and the two street names that comprise the nearest intersection to your location so that we may investigate the current coverage being provided and the enhancements that may be coming your way.  I look forward to working with you and seeing if we canget to the bottom of these issues for you.  Thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

Journeyman

I've done this so many times and nothing works at this point i just want out of my contract and ive only been with u guys since march

Wizard

rmaribel83,

Thank you for the post. I understand that you're frustrated.  As of right now, your issue still persists.  It has to have a solution because you know other people that are not experiencing the same issue.  So let us help you troubleshoot and systematically eliminate what issues may be the underlying cause. 

The only thing can happen by providing us your zip code and the two street names that comprise the nearest intersection to your location is a possible solution that will help you justify the money that you are paying each month for service.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

Patron

Same thing here in Savannah GA. I cannot believe they even have an office here. Service is past terrible. I work in Pooler GA and switched from Verizon because of the unlimited data. What a mistake I went from full bars and 4g with Verizon to 1 bar and not even 3g with Sprint. I'm basically throwing money away each month.

Wizard

scot14047,

Thank you for the post.  Would you be able to provide me with the closest cross streets to your residence in Savannah as well as to your work location in Pooler so that I may check the exact towers that are serving you and let you know the current state of the coverage as well as the enhancements that you have coming your way.  Thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

Patron

I live on Wilmington Island in Savannah 31410. My job is on Gulfstream road in Pooler, GA 31322.

Wizard

scot1407,

Thanks for providing the above information. I've researched both area and found out the following; The tower nearest to Wilmington Island in Savannah zip code 31410, reflect no outages. As for the tower nearest to Gulfstream road in Pooler, GA 31322, that tower is also performing as expected. How long have you been experiencing these service and reception issues? Have you recently power cycled your device, and updated both your profile and PRL's?

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Patron

The service has been terrrible since I switched a few months ago. The guy at work across from me has Sprint and he has the same problems. He's been with Sprint for about a year. He says that the service has always been terrible in Pooler. He's just waiting for his contract to end so he can switch. Sprint keeps telling him about tower upgrades thats coming in the next 6 months. A year has passed and nothing. I have reset my phone and updated it but still 2 bars and extended service. I just wish I could get out of this contract. Very frustrating!!

Wizard

scott14047,

Have you viewed our coverage map by visiting www.sprint.com/coverage to get an idea of what type of coverage you'll receive in the area where your most commonly frequent?

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Patron

Yes, and was a little hesitant about switching but the salesperson in savannah was good at her job. She said 3g service was great here and 4g is just around the corner. When I was leaving the store i overheard a customer complaining about the service. I should of turned around then and canceled it. Gonna be a long 2 years.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat