cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone 5 and Sprint? A JOKE

Journeyman

Re: IPhone 5 and Sprint? A JOKE

hello,

can someone tell me what are the bands the iphone 5 runs on?

I think my phone is faulty because it says I only used 16,363kb of data all month but the speed is very slow and it doesn't track 4g

Journeyman

Sprint is a joke, I'm in miami and I cannot even get 3g at 33146

No build penetration and I wish to god I could cancel.

This is not worth it.

I only used 16,345 all month and that's because 3g is so slow it doesn't even connect.

Wizard

SAH0724,

Thank you for the post.  Let's try and troubleshoot this for you.  What zip code are you in?  What was your consumption of data before the switch and what kind of phone did you have?  Do you have the 4G/LTE currently enabled on the device?

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

Wizard

SAH0724,

Thank you for the post.  I see that there are plenty of 3G and 4G/LTE upgrades going on throughout 33146 that may be affecting your service.  Can you please let us know the closest cross streets so that we may check the tower that serves you and give you a better understanding of the current coverage as well as the anticipated time of completion for the upgrades. 

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

Journeyman

Home is 33025, University Drive and Pines Blvd /Hollywood blvd...

My data consumption is very low, I've never used 1 gig with this iphone 5. I used to think the phone was a the problem but it's the network, also MY 4g LTE usage NEVER shows up on my account usage chart.

My old phone which was a HTC EVO DESIGN was fine.

Journeyman

West Dixie Hwy 33146

Signal is bad, this is at my job

Journeyman

So far I used 1773kb

Something is wrong here. I'm going to need more help or some answers.

Wizard

SAH0724,

Thank you for the post.  On an earlier thread we touched on the issues that you're mentioning at this location as well as your work location. 

Thank you for the reply. At Pines and University the tower that serves you is getting

4G 1900 MHz: Completed (8/11/2013)

3G 1900 MHz Voice: Scheduled (Next 3 Months)

3G 1900 MHz Data: Scheduled (Next 3 Months)

Voice / 1xRTT 800 MHz: Scheduled (Next 3 Months).

The reason I mention the upgrades is that 800 MHz and the 3G 1900 MHz should help your service immensely. Are you only noticing the issues inside your apartment?

In 33146, Coral Gables, I see that the majority of the towers have 3G and 4G upgrades that are ongoing or will be set to begin within the next 90 days.  The schedule of these towers will be greatlty impacted by the needs of the Miami market and the towers that are being serviced there.  It should not be too much longer until these towers are supplying a relaibale 3G and 4G/LTE signal.

You are correct in that it is not the device.   The tower that is serving you at Pines and University in Miramar is off of Pembroke and currently it is showing good voice coverage but the statistics for data are a bit erratic.  I have pinpointed the location of the tower for technicians to analyze further.

If you give me the name of the street that intersects with West Dixie Highway close to your job in 33146 I can give you the latest information on the specific tower that serves you. 

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat