cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone4s now or wait for IPhone 5?

Highlighted
Journeyman

IPhone4s now or wait for IPhone 5?

I am going to try and do the early buy up today at my local Sprint store when I get out of work today.  Should I go ahead and get the IPhone4s now or wait and get the IPhone 5????  I have been a die hard blackberry user for the past few years.  Please give me your advice. 

44 REPLIES 44
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'd wait for the IPhone 5. I just recently got the 4s and have been having some issues with it. The issues may just be network related but in any case, the kinks should be worked out by the time the IPhone 5 rolls out. Having owned the 4s now, I'm wishing Sprint offered a 16gb IPhone 4 at a lower price than the 4s because I don't make much use out of the extra features that the 4s provides (Siri, for example). Hope this helps a bit.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes it did thank you

Highlighted
Wizard

Buy now.  The iPhone 4s is in the middle of its product cycle. You'll be waiting half a year (6 to 7 months) before you'll get your hands on a new model.  By that time Sprint could change their pricing structure for smartphones using LTE data (you never know) and you also don't know what the next iPhone will be like.  Lastly, buying the new model fresh off the assembly line always leaves you as the early adopter, to sort out the bugs on a new release.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thats a great point.  I am leaning towards just getting one now. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wait for the HTC EVO 4G LTE. iPhones are very limited and are less capable compared to high-end Androids.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I dont want gmail at all.  i am love my yahoo.  u have to have gmail to have an android phone right?

Highlighted
Wizard

I'm very pleased with my iPhone. Simple, intuitive and to the point, reliable, abundant quality apps; it never gets in my way of doing anything.  Different, yes! Very limited? Naw…

Far and away: bug free, powerful, intuitive, fantastic app selection, top screen, scrolling and touch response in the business, the easiest to use. Solid hardware and connectors (just don't drop it without a case!). Software updates are timely and for all phones ( 3GS and up) on all networks.

I've said this before, but the iPhone gets out of your way and lets you just do whatever you wanna do. Get your apps and get to work or play.

If you're into fiddling around a bit more (widgets, active backgrounds, Flash, battery and memory pulls, more buttons and screen options, more settings, etc.) another platform may be better for you.

Highlighted
Wizard

It depends on your data usage and market.  The iPhone 5 will be LTE while the 4S is not.  That's expected to be the biggest upgrade along with a potentially different shape.  If you don't use much data or live in a market where LTE won't be out for another year, grab a 4S and enjoy it.  My wife has never been so impressed with a phone.  Otherwise, I'd wait for the 5.

Wizard

If I had to decide between getting the 4S or the 5 I'd wait for the 5. While the 4S was a slight bump in specs from the 4, the 5 will be a leap in everything (according to the rumors)

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'd wait for the 5 too.  I'm coming from a WindowsPhone7 and though it is good, its a lot of little things that anoy me.  I've tried droid in the past and hate the buggy software and the fact that the OS is never updated until you get another phone.  While Wp7 and Apple seem to upgrade their OS.

So I've decided to try the Iphone since my contract has expired.  But I'm not going to the 4s, I'll just wait another 6 months or so for the 5.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the exact same situtation as you whether to wait for the IPhone 5 or just get the 4s.

I chose to get the 4s and to sign up with Sprint for the first time and  so far so good I like it.

If you can afford getting an IPhone 4s why not just get an IPhone 4s now and update in a year to the IPhone 5 thats what I plan on doing.

Get it now don't wait be happy you only live once.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat