cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone4s now or wait for IPhone 5?

Master

Re: IPhone4s now or wait for IPhone 5?

The only real way to know is to wait for Apple to announce the release of the device  I is usually about 1 to 2 weeks from announcement to  sale.   Remember if it is not Apple's announcement it is a guess.     So far on the internet I have seen every thing  from the first of September on.  The Iphone 4S released in October last year.  There was really no lack of phones with that release.  Not anticipating one with the new release when ever it takes place

Journeyman

That's me too.  I have had a Blackberry for 4 years and now  I want an iphone but just don't know if I want the 4 or 5.  How will I even know when the 5 comes out so I can be sure to get one?

Journeyman

it is said that it will be announced by september 12 and sold by the 22. Hence, you can notice a decrease in the price for the iphone 4s.

Journeyman

I have a WP7 phone and after having it for a while now (contract had expired in March), I am ready for a change.  I want the Iphone but instead of getting the 4s, why not wait till the 5.  It is possibly about 4 months away before it is realease and you'll get a faster processor, better camera and probably a whole lot of other features that the 4s doesn't have (long battery life?)

My motto is, why get something that is already old when you can get a newer model if you just wait a few months.

Journeyman

If you have never had an IPhone, i would get the 4S or 4 now....the reason behind that statement, is that the 5 will be very different in size, and certain applications then any Iphone previous.  The charge connection will smaller, the procsessor will be faster, the phone it self will be bigger.  I have had Iphones since they have come out, I was on a work phone that was an IPhone, and when Sprint came out with the Iphone, i turned in my blackberry for the Iphone, and will never go back.  I would never get any other phone, EVO, LTE nothing can compare, since all those others are subject to problems.  Never hear of an Apple product getting viruses, yet all other phones are subject to them.

besides, with the $150 credit, you will still end up paying a few hundred for the phone, yet if you get the 4S, it may cost you nothing.  Also, suggest getting the 16g phone rather then the 8.

best of luck

Journeyman

When is the iphone 5 coming?

Highlighted
Journeyman

BAM4003HP In which era are you living in? lol

16G $200 32GB $300 64GB $400

+$100 Insurance Optional.

Wait for the Iphone 5.

Journeyman

I'm going to wait till my next 22 month upgrade to get a new iPhone or other phone that has LTE because LTE won't be in my area for awhile!

Journeyman

I wouldnt even buy the iPhone 5, everyone needs to again be reminded that when apple launches things they are loaded with bugs.

(get it apples? bugs inside?) Lol

Not only will it be loaded with issues but it will have a high pricetag. As per usuall they will have 8GB,16GB,32GB models and will all range from 300-500$ per unit which is definitly not worth the money or the wait.

Journeyman

It depends on what your needs are. Do you use a lot of data? You might want to wait for the LTE model iPhone to hit. My wife and I just switched to Sprint and picked up two iPhone 4s phones about a week ago. Once Network Vision upgrades are done here, the 3g speeds will be more than adequate for what we need. They are already for the most part. I don't stream media much, but I do rely on my corporate email which the iPhone 4s handles perfectly well on current 3g. The biggest reason I went for the 4s was to keep compatibility with the existing docks I have around the house and in the vehicles we own. One of the rumors of the iPhone 5 is that there will be a new dock connector which may differ dramatically from what they have now. I don't want to upgrade all my docks or get a clunky adapter for them.

The iPhone 4s does what I need it to do. I prefer it to the various flavors of Android based phones I have had. While the customizations were neat, the phone and apps didn't have a finished quality that I experienced with my iPod Touch apps. I had a Windows Phone (HTC 7 Pro) which was nice and the small pool or applications looked great, but the general lack of mainstream applications was annoying me. Microsoft has also changed their marketing strategy to target first time smartphone users which baffles me - perhaps to justify the lack of apps somehow?

It seemed that battery life suffered on the Android phones I have owned. The Windows Phone OS was great and the iPhone so far is showing better battery life than either. Again, this depends on the apps installed, whether you lean on 3g or wireless, and if you use lots of push notifications.

My advice is to take a look at what you use now for apps/data, read the reviews on the 4s, then read the rumors on the 5 and see what suits your needs. And always realize that no matter what phone you buy, it will be outdated soon.