cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone4s now or wait for IPhone 5?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: IPhone4s now or wait for IPhone 5?

I have a iphone 4 not a 4s, I use Google search which doesn't talk back to you like Siri but it's more reliable. I'd wait to see what the 5 is like but I do want a 4G phone at some point. I'm not sure if I'll like the new iPhone when it comes out but I think the 4 and the 4s are worth the money if you can get a Sprint discount! Iphones don't seem to crash much and they are very reliable! The only reason I'd get a 4s is for more memory but I'm happy with my 8GB 4 iphone. I think iphones are the number one smart phone on the market right now! Almost everyone I see has a iphone! Why? The iphone is the smart phone that has changed the game and you can be sure that they'll work fine all the time even after a OS update!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just don't understand the arguments...LTE will be out in a year so get the 4S?  Why does that make sense, you sign a 2 YEAR CONTRACT.  Are people spending $500-800 on new phones every other year?  Your discount won't be for 22 months after you purchase the phone, why wouldn't you wait and future proof yourself by getting an LTE phone?  I just don't understand why anyone right now would buy a 3G only phone when you'll have access to LTE in a few months depending on where you are or within a year if you're not in an early rollout area.  Even if you won't have it for a year you'll have a faster phone using 3g as opposed to a dated phone using 3g...I just don't get it.  Seems extremely short sighted to buy a 3G only phone right now...

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's not true.  I get a discount at 1 calendar year.  I just have to renew for another 2 years when I do that.  So, if I were to get the 4s now (I currently have the EVO 4G and have had it since the week of its release - but I am ready for a switch), then I can switch to the 5 pretty quickly with little out-of-pocket expense.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well then go right ahead, but I don't get how you're getting a discount each year, nobody else is so its still poor advice for the majority of Sprint customers.  But don't say it's not true, it is true, sprint customers don't get the new customer discounts until 22 months into contract...that's a fact, call Sprint they'll tell you the same.  What you were referring to was the same thing I was told when I bought my Evo.  But Sprint changed the game not long after, there are no more 1 year upgrade discounts.  Look it up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Then something must be wrong ... in my favor ... with my account, because I've received the 150.00 discount every 1 year for all 5 contracts on my account since I came to sprint many years ago.

In any case, for me it's great, so I'll just leave it at that. Anybody else - then maybe not such a good thing and just wait until the 5 comes out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just trying to help make an informed decision, it was called the Sprint Premier Program, and it was recently dismissed.  It pissed off a ton of Sprint customers.  Best of luck though.

Highlighted
Wizard

There is no more yearly upgrades period.

Highlighted
Journeyman

same me but when is the 5 coming out i want to iphone 4s or iphone 4 but dont know which one is good as i have 150 discount but my contract ends may 12 2012 so what do i do then huh

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't plan on getting either iPhone, but if I did, I would wait to get an iPhone 5. I also know that LTE will be coming to my area before the iPhone 5, so it would work out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You don't have to spend $500 - $800 on the new IPhone 5 you could just sell your IPhone 4s(unless you plan on keeping it)

through a private party sell or by Sprint's BuyBack Program and your looking at save of  $200-$400  when buying the new IPhone 5

so technically your not paying retail unless you want to keep both phones.

thats what I plan to do.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Future proof yourself by getting an LTE phone? How so? If I get a LTE phone my phone will never be obsolete?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

karnscoach1 wrote:

I am going to try and do the early buy up today at my local Sprint store when I get out of work today.  Should I go ahead and get the IPhone4s now or wait and get the IPhone 5????  I have been a die hard blackberry user for the past few years.  Please give me your advice. 

if by chance youre going to wait for the iphone 5 then you might as well wait until its going to be coming out before doing the early buy out. waiting will mean you pay out less for that buy out compared to doing it right now.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat