cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone4s now or wait for IPhone 5?

Highlighted
Journeyman

IPhone4s now or wait for IPhone 5?

I am going to try and do the early buy up today at my local Sprint store when I get out of work today.  Should I go ahead and get the IPhone4s now or wait and get the IPhone 5????  I have been a die hard blackberry user for the past few years.  Please give me your advice. 

44 REPLIES 44
Highlighted
Master

Goozy, Sprint discounted the Premier program last year, No one gets the yearly upgrades any more, It is either at 20-22 months depending on when you last upgraded.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I feel kinda bad... I've been happy with Sprint all along and wanted to go from EVO to IPhone5 in October... especially happy with the unlimited data.. unfortunately now that they are outsourcing their jobs overseas I cant see myself sticking with them.. putting Americans out of work at this point in time and Sprint's customers being 95% American based is kinda like a kick in the American workers teeth... I'm going to do some research and move on I think.. I'm actually a 26yr VZ employee who will not subscribe to ANY of their products and services due to the same thing... just not rite... 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint's outsourcing is old news! Most big American companies have been doing this for years! I sold my iphone 4 because of Apple's labor practices! The exploitation of chinese workers so Apple can make billions off of us! Chinese workers have been known to commit suicide over labor practices simular to Apple's! Sprint is always hiring american workers in the US stores and apple too but Apple is the biggest exploiter of people!

Highlighted
Journeyman

At this point, I would wait.  However:

• The next iPhone will likely be released in concert with iOS 6, currently in test.  A new OS release means you're likely to bump into initial difficulties with the current application ecosystem, which can take days, weeks, or months to resolve dependent upon the developer's diligence
  • If you currently have an iPhone 4/4S now, your accessories will in all likelihood need a docking adapter to go from the present 30-pin layout to whatever's in the channel.
  • Current cases will most likely NOT fit, so you'll have to wait until designers are on board with the new shape of the next iPhone

If you upgrade right away, true, you'll not be able to use any planned 4G, but you will be guaranteed that all current apps will function when downloaded from the iTunes App Store

Regardless of your path. any Bluetooth devices should continue to work unless the OS alters communications protocols.  Bluetooth hands-free devices are now required in many states, so it's worth the mention.

Good luck,

--NA

Highlighted
Journeyman

iphone 5 will be announced tomorrow, and pre sales will start by sept 21st.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Apple has confirmed on September 12 it will hold a press event

Highlighted
Journeyman

I seen a few videos today saying Sept 12, 0212 at midnight PST but is sprint going to carry it right away is the question

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint is not going to sell the iPhone 5 on September 12th: September 12 is just part of advertizing or pre sales. No actual phone will be sold.

Highlighted
Journeyman

not true i get one every 2 yrs

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat