cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If someone gives me an iphone 3 can I transfer it to sprint?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

I was given my friends old Iphone cause she got an upgrade, she has AT&T though, will I be able to transfer it to sprint, does anyone know?? Customer service ain't helpin me right now.

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

No you can't. ATT is GSM and Sprint is CDMA. But the iphone 3 makes a good ipod.

Journeyman

SheilaMcLane wrote:

No you can't. ATT is GSM and Sprint is CDMA. But the iphone 3 makes a good ipod.

I agree with Sheila.  It makes a good ipod on the Sprint network or a good Iphone on the at&t network

Wizard

Just to add an official response, SheilaMcLane and Slownetwork are correct. you can only use a Sprint branded iPhone 4 & 4S on the Sprint network.

Wizard

Re: If someone gives me an iphone 3 can I transfer it to sprint?

Even old iPhones are worth some serious money on the used market.  You could sell it on Craigslist or eBay.

Journeyman

Re: If someone gives me an iphone 3 can I transfer it to sprint?

seeblue1 wrote:

Even old iPhones are worth some serious money on the used market.  You could sell it on Craigslist or eBay.

This is true.  People may talk alot of smack about the iphone but they hold the most value out of all these other cell phones.  Probably because Apple continue to update all of its products.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat