Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent Group Messaging (iPhone 7)

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Inconsistent Group Messaging (iPhone 7)

I can't send nor am I receiving group texts on my iPhone 7.  how can I fix this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

It's possible, but it is also depending on how your messages are being sent. If you are getting imessage or a large picture download, sometimes needs data, but glad you are getting your group messages now! 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi There,

In your group messages, are you having trouble getting text from other iphone users? Android? All? 

Highlighted

the group msg has one apple phone and one android phone.  

Also I took a look at my settings.  I have made no changes to my settings.  I did notice that my cellular data was turned off.  I turned it back on and I received the group messages that were sent.  I am curious if the latest update to my phone 12.2 changed how that value is being used.   

Highlighted

It's possible, but it is also depending on how your messages are being sent. If you are getting imessage or a large picture download, sometimes needs data, but glad you are getting your group messages now! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

for what its worth group texts, pic mail and overly large texts need data in order to be sent/received. the fact that your mobile data was turned off makes sense on why you werent receiving any of them.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat