cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5 updated to ios7 no data

Journeyman

Iphone 5 updated to ios7 no data

I downloaded the ios 7 last week on my iPhone 5. Since doing that I have had very limited data connection.  My phone constatnly says it is in an extended area with 1x bar. Any fix for this?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Iphone 5 updated to ios7 no data

That is not good cGLEASON76

A newer version of the iOS7 update has been released. Have you received the new 7.0.2 update on your iPhone5 yet?

Let me know!

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care

Journeyman _me
Journeyman

Looking for some help here.  I have an iPhone4, wife has an iPhone5.  Both are on updated iOS7 (7.0.2).  Since about the time of the iOS7 release, our sprint phones have data issues.  When not connected to wifi, we cannot get on the internet, cannot send/receive texts or iMessages, cannot get send/receive emails, and get intermittent error messages regarding the same.  We have tried hard reboots, dialing the update numbers, resetting network connections, etc.  We are considering switching to Verizon because of this (my contract is up, I'll pay the ETF on hers although Sprint should waive it given these issues).  Please advise when this will be fixed.  Zip code is 37220.

Journeyman

Yes I have 7.0.2. I am in 02332. Cross streets are chestnut and tremont.

Hey cGLEASON76

Can you please try dialing ##CLEAR# (##25327#) on your dialpad and then hit the talk button, this will reset the internal programming to towers no personal info will be erased.
Let me know if this helps; when the device powers back on please make sure iMessaging is turned off and then try the browser or making a call. You can then turn on iMessaging to make sure that works as well.

Fingers are crossed,

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care

Reply to _me

Thanks for reaching out; can you please try the same thing I advised above to both you and your wifes iPhones. Let me know the results and we'll go from there.

Thank you,

Krishel

Social Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat