cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5s issues

Journeyman

Iphone 5s issues

My daughter and I both have Iphone 5s'. We live about a mile apart. I have had no issues calling with my phone but she cannot consistently make or receive calls from her phone when she is at her home.  However, when she takes my phone to her home she is able to get and receive calls on my phone. The Sprint store technicians have updated her phone and she has tried another Iphone 5s but experiences the same problem. This would seem to be a location issue although Sprint coverage in her area supposedly is excellent. What is puzzling about this issue though is that no problems exist with may Iphone at her home. Any thoughts as to the cause of this problem? If it is not resolved in the next two days we will need to remove her from our Sprint plan.

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: Iphone 5s issues

Klscheid - Oh no. We would hate to lose a loyal Sprint customer. I understand this situation can be a bit frustrating. Are you still interested in the Airave? An Airave is a device that improve your coverage within your home. For more information on this device please visit http://Sprint.com/AIRAVE . - Erica Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes we will try that. But again if it is a reception issue why don't I have the problem with my Iphone when I use my phone at my daughter's house?

Master

Klscheid - Please send us a private message for further assistance http://bit.ly/1qQty1X . Include your phone number and the best time to contact you. - Erica Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I.) Exit or close the applications properly before you press the home key.

II.) Make sure you update all the applications installed on your iPhone 5S to be compatible with iOS7.

III.) Go to Settings > iCloud > Documents & Data and slide off iCloud sync for iWork apps.

IV.) Contact Apple professionals for help.

If that doesn’t fix things, iPhone 5s users can also try turning off Wi-Fi Networking. To do that, head to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services. After performing these two steps, iPhone 5s owners will want to reboot the phone. Once it’s rebooted, there’s a chance that Wi-Fi will be functioning normally again.

To try and fix these cellular data issues, first try restarting the iPhone 5s. This has worked for us in the past. If that simply fix doesn’t work, try toggling cellular data on and off. This also has had a positive effect on our iPhone connectivity. To do that, Cellular > Cellular Data > Toggle Off.

To do that, head into Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. The iPhone 5s will reboot, and while the stored Wi-Fi networks will be lost, reentering a Wi-Fi password is a small price to pay for working iMessages.

iPhone 5s users who are forgetful or lazy will want to turn on automatic App Store updates because it will keep apps automatically updated and ensure that they are always on the latest version with the latest bug fixes. To do that, head into Settings > iTunes & App Store > Toggle Updates on.

To lock the iPhone 5s in portrait mode, pull up Control Center from the bottom of the phone, look for the lock in the top right corner, and hit that. This will lock it up so that it won’t move out of portrait mode. It’s a temporary fix for an issue that’s driving some iPhone users (including us) crazy. Our hope is that iOS 8.1.1 fixes this issue once and for all.

To do that, head into Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. The iPhone 5s will reboot, and while the stored Wi-Fi networks will be lost, reentering a Wi-Fi password is a small price to pay for working iMessages.

First, try restarting the iPhone 5s. This helped us when we encountered random reboots on the iPhone in iOS 7. We also recommend performing a reset on all settings. To do that, Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. It also might be worth it to uninstall recent apps if the problems just started. We’ve also heard that performing a full on factory reset cures these issues but that should be a last ditch resort.

First, try turning off Documents & Data in iCloud. To do this, Settings > iCloud > Documents & Data. If everything returns to normal, it should be okay to flip that back on. If that doesn’t work, try resetting all settings. To do that,General > Reset > Reset All Settings.

To do that, choose Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Again, this will wipe everything from the iPhone so make a back up before doing this, even though we recommend not installing from a restore. Setting all of this up will be extremely consuming, but it may be the fastest way to fix bad iPhone 5s problems.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat