cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone trade in

Highlighted
Journeyman

Iphone trade in

I have an Iphone 6s, but it is water damaged. (it doesn't turn on) I am eligible for an new iphone is less than a few months. I was wonder if I paid off the reminder of the money that I own, would I still be liable for the full trade in value, or would I just pay for the rest of the 6s along with the new iphone X? Would I get the trade in value of $200?

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Good morning Irohret37. Sorry to read about your device. To answer your question, I will assume that you purchased the IPhone 6s as installment Billing, this means that you own the device after you complete 24 payments. Returning the device damaged will void the agreement for the $200 trade-in value.

Trade-in requirements:

• Current iPhone in good working condition:
    • Powers on
    • Not broken, cracked or missing parts (LCD, hinge, keypad, buttons, battery housing)

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

I traded my iphone X from Verizon to Sprint. The Sprint associate asked me to bring the bill which i owe to them which was 718 and he told me that he will process the application for trade in and I will receive a master card with balance of 718 to pay that verizon bill. After I went back to the store after 2 months to see why I am not getting that master card in my mail box, I found that they have not processed it at all. Then I called customer service regarding this issue and now they are telling me that they can only cover upto 550. The sales associate gave me the wrong information saying they are going to cover all those amount and I don't want to pay those remaining amount from my pocket. The worst thing is that they are not even able to find my phone which I personally turned in to the store. This is totally insane. Please help me out in this situation. I have the bill from Verizon which contains agreement number of my phone.  

Highlighted

I want to get to the bottom of this for you, When did this transaction take place?

Good, Better, Best don't give up until your good is better than your best! Be the Aristocratic one and give KUDOS and push the Solution button.
Highlighted

So, It was on September 10 but I went to store on last week for the updates and that's when I found all this is happening.
Highlighted

I do have name and personal phone number of that sale associate who gave me those  false information. And I want to escalate this situation to upper level. Is there any way I can get the email address for sprint management team? 

Highlighted

I understand, did you speak with management in the store?

Good, Better, Best don't give up until your good is better than your best! Be the Aristocratic one and give KUDOS and push the Solution button.
Highlighted

Yes. I went there to talk and they want me to bring the Verizon bill again which I already gave to them. So, I decided to call the customer services instead dealing with those  people. They were not even taking it seriously.

Highlighted

I was wondering if there is any way to get those full amount which is enough to pay the verizon. If I was aware of it, I never did trade in and I am not able to get the device back as well even if I want. I am stuck
Highlighted

We would need to see that bill and have that on file. The Verizon owned device most likely has been sent back to Verizon at this point. If you could take the Verizon bill into the store that should clear all this up.

Highlighted

No, that's not possible because i already paid those 718 amount from my credit card and i was planning to pay my credit card bills once I received those amount through virtual card. But my point is why the sprint sales associate told me that I will get those whole amount and now I have to pay (718- 550( getting from sprint)=168) by myself to credit card company. It really getting my nerves and I don't want to deal with these any more. It's been already almost 3 months I have been waiting for that. 

Highlighted

I understand your frustration. We need to see the paperwork to get that escalated to the correct channels. Feel free to PM me so we can get to the bottom of this for you.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat