cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone.. whats the negative

Journeyman

No phone is 100% without some flaws..

so what are the iphones flaws? thats liveable with.

30 REPLIES 30
Journeyman

Although im certain my experience with the Iphone 4s will still be better than my BB Curve 8530 experience, but I am looking forward to the reviews from Sprint customers when they receive their Iphone.  I wont qualify for an upgrade until the 18th of this month, so I will be lurking around this forum over the weekend to get the early heads up and reviews...

Journeyman

as far as I am concerned there are none, but the Android fanboys are bashing every single thing about it for no reason whatsoever.

Since nobody, including the media, has actually gotten their hands on one yet its hard to really say. From the feature set however I really can't see any issues with it. I know the A5 processor is fantastic as I have the same one in my iPad2 and it is just phenominal. The new camera and optics look incredible, iOS is as solid as they come as far as mobile operating systems and iOS5 looks even better (we will see that at least tomorow when it comes out as well as icloud) Apple always makes sleek, sexy, quality products. I have yet to own any of their products that has ever given me a single issue. Hell my iMac DV+ special edition i bought new for college in 2000 is still running strong as my shop/garage computer. Same thing with my 1st gen 10 gig iPod. granted i dont use it anymore because it just wont hold all my stuff, but it still works

Journeyman

Re: Iphone.. whats the negative

I used to own the iphone 3G, before I switched to EVO last year. Im not an android fan by far, although i do like my EVO. I own plenty of apple products. There are flaws with any phone. I also look forward to seeing the reviews of the new iphone owners. There are 3 main flaws or issues that concerned me are below:

1. When your Apple iphone freezes (often gets stuck on boot up apple screen) , no need to go to the sprint store for a quick repair, you MUST go to the apple store for help with your phone. you MUST make an appointment, because walkins can take anywhere from 1hour - 2 days waiting period.

2. No memory card. Make sure you have your contacts backed up to your computer, because apple will erase your phone (with your permission of course), if your phone ever messes up. So if you dont know numbers by heart you will have to go the rest of the day with the newly reset phone with no contacts no apps no nothing, and have to wait to get home to sync your phone to reload your contacts. You have sync to your latest backup on your computer.(but the latest backup, could include a virus, which why they had to reset your phone to begin with) If you just take pics on your phone and do not back them up (sync) nightly with your computer, they will be lost forever. God forbid if you are outta of town when this happens. You are out of luck.

3. No insurance, until recently theyve incorporated an insurance program. But I think its only if your screen is cracked, if you have any signs of water damage, they will not replace your phone, you have to pay full price. The deductible for apple iphone is $199. You can only use this once. After that you have to pay full price for you a new phone. Not good for the accident prone people. With this iphone 4/4s being glass. Even protective cases can not prevent the screen from cracking from mulitiple falls, or even a drop of moisture and humidity can ruin the moisture sensors located in the speaker and earphone jack of the iphone. Even the most careful person will and can accidently drop there phone.

Journeyman

Apple recently revised the Applecare insurance so that's a good thing.  I made a post about another insurance company called Securranty, they seem to be pretty good as they include accidental damage, theft and loss.

Journeyman

I gotta tell ya, When i had to take my BB Tour into sprint for repair, I waited there at the sprint store for well over an hour before I was even able to talk to a tech. So that fault is not limited to an Apple store.

No need for a memory card now with icloud. anything you add to your phone instantly and automatically also gets added to your computer (if you are using a Mac), iPad, iPod, etc.

iPhones have never had carrier insurance, only thru Applecare. Of course, Iphones aren't like other manufacturers phones. I almost didnt even buy Applecare for it as i have never bought or needed it on any other Apple product I own. (which are many)

Journeyman

Re: Iphone.. whats the negative

The iphone 4s, is going to be a great phone!

Let me tell you this much, the ios5 (operating system) for the iphone 4s, is going to be avliable to all iphone devices and operating systems come this Weds! Which will mainly carry the same features of the iphone 4s, the only other thing the iphone 4s that is diffrent from the current iphone is mainly the camera, and the processer.. however, the current software thats coming out for the iphone 4s, is coming out weds for all ipod, ipad, iphone users to upgrade to, and the "certain people", have already  been able to upgrade to it, and it is amazing!

If you have any questions feel free to contact me directly, [removed contact info] Text, or a phone call but if you call please leave a message, otherwise I may block your number because Ive been getting stupid "offering" phone calls ..

Thanks!

Journeyman

why would anyone need to call you?

Journeyman

becase I dont feel like typing everything out about everything that is going on?!... I could care less if they do or don't call. I am just here to try and help people get their answers.     

Journeyman

The iPhones have not been very durable in the past and there is no Adobe Flash. It may not be a con to some people but to others its pretty important.

Journeyman

I haven't had Flash ever on my Palm so I won't miss that, but I think the non-keyboard might take some major adjustment.

Journeyman

...and thats why I said it may not be a con to some people but to others its important.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat