cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone.. whats the negative

Journeyman

...and so is the non-keyboard, a con for some and not important to others.  Spoken in the same vein that you said. What part of that warrants clarification?

Wizard

A few...

1. Battery is not removable / replaceable.
  2. Memory is not removable or able to be upgraded.
  3. You can't personalize the phone to the level that you can with Android.
  4. No actual keyboard (assuming you care about this).
  5. All apps must be purchased through Apple's marketplace.
  6. Only 3G.

That being said, there are plenty of pluses as well... not the least of which is the massive size of the app library and available accessories, plus the fact that there are so many compatible devices that use itunes / ipods like a lot of new car stereos and home stereo units.

Journeyman

Looks like the media is getting theirs already. Here is the Macworld review of the iPhone 4s

http://www.macworld.com/article/162944/2011/10/iphone_4s_review_its_a_sure_thing.html

Journeyman

I read your link...... I know why my 19 yr old wants a iphone an has no clue what it can do,, but me, im rethinking getting it now.... my main thing was the screen size, which is why i upgraded my last phone to the epic. I got old eyes. Now the siri feature and reading an repsonding to text makes that a option to rethink the small screen size. Guess when my daughters iphone arrive i can take a good look. Im not really into who makes the best products, the cheapest product(s) i have take good care of, so repairs an problems don't happen. Considering i just paid EFT already this year to get my current phone. I might just pay the ETF again, have my daughter add a line to her acct. an pay her to put to her bill.

You Rock with the that info. Im leaning 45* to the iphone

Journeyman

my pleasure. Thanks to the Macworld app on my iPad2 I got notified of it the second it was posted and read the whole thing start to finish. I am drooling in anticipation now. I've been wanting and waiting to get an iPhone for a long time. My biggest thing with it is the support and ease of connection with my other devices. I found out real quick with my first smart phone (Blackberry Tour) that a lot of manufacturers still don't really support the Mac OS (which is kinda silly since Macs now make up almost 25% of the global market of Personal Computers). this is an issue to me because I want to be able to easily keep all my data sunched across all of my devices. My iPad2, my iMac, and my phone. With the iPhone and iCloud i know this will never be an issue for me again.

Journeyman

3.5in screen so small like the dark ages with so small a screen.The phone sucks simple.

Journeyman

carrie2711 wrote:

3.5in screen so small like the dark ages with so small a screen.The phone sucks simple.

Go away troll.

nobody cares about your opinion on screen size. And btw, just because you do not like the screen size does not mean the whole phone and everything else about it sucks. Thanks for playing, have a nice day

Journeyman

Yeah and its 512mb real great.The Iphone4s threads next week are going to be priceless with the crying.It really will be priceless.

Journeyman

Thanks to GeneralLee for the weblink. I read the article and saw that there really are a lot of great things coming in Apple's newest phone, but there are still a lot of things about it which make it impractical for me (and possibly for other people like myself, who use their smartphones as their primary business hardware).

I truly NEED a physical keyboard, and a five-row full QWERTY keyboard, to be precise. I USE the numbers as much as the letters, and it's a major inconvenience to switch a keyboard back and forth to type both numbers and letters, when a keyboard with numbers makes a workd of difference. It's probably a small complaint, I grant you, but it is important to me.

A lot of people use, edit and send Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents, as well as PDF files. I'm one of them. Even though I've owned Apple products since 1980 and love the elegance and simplicity of the laptop and desktop, I discovered that Pages and Numbers on an iPhone don't mesh well with their laptop and desktop cousins. I create and edit word processing and spreadsheet documents on my smartphone, as well as presentation documents and PDF files. With the iPhone, that's not allowed, although I've never understood why. Also, Flash, as well as HTML5 are important to me, and I need to be able to see a ful website's content without having to worry that it might or might not work on my phone.

As for iCloud, I think that I would prefer to have all of my data on a removable micro sd card, rather than have to pay a monthly fee to store my music, graphics, videos and work, where I might, or might not, have instant access to them. Old-fashioned of me, I admit, but there are times when having the data/music/videos/etc WITH me, at all times, is a definite comfort. In this way, I can pull the SD card, put it into a reader and transfer it all to my home computer and have full copies available with the knowledge that it's there.

The non-removable battery and smaller screen size, along with the lack of physical keyboard, are the deciding factors for me, above all else. Although I'm older, I don't need glasses and I'm very happy about that and I don't want to screw up my eyesight with peering at a smaller screen. I do like the Retina Display, but it's still a smaller screen and the screen on the Epic 4G (which, as a matter of fact, I DETEST, as Samsung will not upgrade the OS and their customer support stinks on ice; I miss my HTC TouchPro 2, with it's fabulous keyboard) is pretty fantastic. I'm a battery drainer on a good day, and I have three batteries with me at all times, just in case.

I know that I'll be villified for this, but these are the determining factors for myself, and possibly for the other people in the business world who use their phones for more than games or looking incredibly cool.

Thanks for reading and have fun with your iPhones!

Journeyman

Trust me 75% are getting this phone cause they want to look cool with a phone that sucks and when the iPhone 5 comes out in less then a year they will all be asking for a upgrade lol this is going to be priceless.

Journeyman

"Although I'm older, I don't need glasses and I'm very happy about that and I don't want to ***** up my eyesight..."

I had to laugh, as the word that was blocked with asteriks was "MESS."

I think that the verbage police are getting a bit silly here...

Journeyman

you do understand the fanboy phone will be out come june or july next year cause that is when all the real iphone users come off there contract of the ip4.this is why they did the 4s to last till next june,Then the real crying will start on here with people wanting to know why they cant get there contract moved up.They will blame sprint lol.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat