Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the iphone truly hands free? How is 3G limitation?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is the iphone truly hands free? How is 3G limitation?

Can the iphone make calls and control music with a wired headset while the screen is locked and the phone is in your pocket?  Just bought Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch.  It has weird limitations, and is frustrating me.  May be time for an iphone.

How is the 3G limitation with iphone on Sprint?  I come from using Evo with Wimax 4G.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

I dont think you will be able to accept the 3G speeds if you are use to the 4G wimax regularly.  But it seems to depend on your area.  What kind of speeds are you getting with 4G?  Then compare that to the advertised 3G speeds of 600kbps to 1400kbps.  Depending on your area you may get 3G speeds of 100kbps.  It will cost you $35 restock fee to retun your GS2 and try the iphone out.

I believe the iphone has the apple air buds that have the controls for the "handsfree" stuff.  technically it wouldnt be hands free because you have to use your hands to press the airphone buttons but I believe it can be used with the phone in your pockey and on lock screen.  I havent played around with it yet

Highlighted
Wizard

BSD25,

As YardBird11 stated it really depends on your location and tower performance in that location. Yes, the iPhone can control music and make calls with the headset while the screen is locked, there are settings you can disable it though if you ever wanted to though if you were concerned with security/privacy.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat