cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there no real order?

Journeyman

Re: Is there no real order?

I (along with most others) appreciate a response, but the information provided is questionably accurate (based on reports on this site) and provides no additional insight.

I agree with others in that, if it is occurring, the practice of shipping a newer order before an older order, based upon "promised" delivery windows (ie 8 weeks prior to 11/1 and 4 weeks after 11/1) is an inappropriate approach.  I've seen no compelling statement from any Sprint representative that clearly addresses this perceived issue.  All statements I've seen would allow for the following to occur:

1. Order placed on 11/1 fulfilled up to 4 weeks BEFORE an order placed on 10/31.

2. Order placed on 10/1 fulfilled on the SAME DAY as an order placed on 11/1.

(for the above I have approximated 4 weeks to equal 1 calendar month)

Even if you accept (or ignore) the inequity of the above potential practice/approach, the inability or unwillingness of Sprint to provide any sort of insight to customers on where they are on "the list" is in and of itself frustrating and leads to a sense (for customers) that Sprint is either hiding (because of some potentially questionable operational approach), incompetent (if you simply CAN'T provide this info because you don't know) or both.

We would all likely agree that the supply from Apple is ultimately the root cause of delays, as I doubt Sprint would actively choose to inconvenience those who they rely on for revenue (customers), but the Sprint handling of the situation, from the total lack of order info (online or through customer service) until shipment occurs, to the half-hearted, carefully groomed and non-committal nature of the online responses to questions and complaints is all on Sprint.

And in my opinion, saying "hang in there" doesn't help.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Omar,

Noticeably absent from your reply to KrisKrysis is a statement that indicates that orders placed before 11/1 (ostensibly under an 8 week delivery timeline) will be fulfilled before orders placed on or after 11/1 (under a 4 weeks delivery timeline). (assuming both orders are for the same device, color and memory size)

Given the concern of many who continue to wait about this occurring it seems odd that the your response lacks this clarity.

I for one would appreciate something addressing this scenario and concern, clarifying the process of order fulfillment and how Sprint is approaching this.

You can only ship what Apple sends you, but you can make sure that those that ordered first, and have waited the longest are first in line for order fulfillment.

Journeyman

We have been tracking our orders since day one. What good is giving us the site gonna do? YOU ALL KEEP GIVING OUT THE SAME **** INFORMATION. It's a waiting process for the phone but you take our money instantly!

Journeyman

2. Re: IPhone 5S Gold Est. 2 Month Wait??!!!

judy6612Newbie

I ordered my IPhone 5S on 10/24 and was told 4-6 weeks but when I checked the status this morning it says it will be shipped next week. I have been a happy sprint customer for nearly 20 years and it is worth the wait even though waiting is inconvenient. I am using an old phone I had until it arrives. Just be patient and you will be happy you waited. I am constantly hearing others with other phone services complaining and my response is always the same, "I feel for you but I've been a happy sprint customer for many years and I plan to continue with sprint." Good luck to you.

So how does THIS work??... If my phone has not been shipped by Monday. I am DONE.

Journeyman

mzzangel

I was not saying that you were not tracking your order. I was providing you with all information that was made available. I know that it is frustrating to wait, but the information that I have provided is what was provided to me by the ordering department.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

5s-Still-Waiting

I can definitely understand everything that you are saying. I can also understand the frustration when it comes to waiting. I just wanted to make sure that I provided all the information that was made available regarding this issue. I understand that you were already made aware of the information I provided, but that is what was provided by the ordering department.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

KrisKrysis

I know that you are frustrated. It is understandable that you would be, but the information that I provided is what the ordering department has made available with regards to the orders and the wait time.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

mzzangel

Thank you for posting the customers post. Just like the heading states the time frame is an estimate. Your order may be delivered earlier that the time given. That is why we encourage our customers to track their orders and look out for confirmation emails.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Okay this is not helping at all!We have been tracking our orders from day one! And we have all that information that you keep giving us! WE know to look out for an email letting us know it has shipped ot even though that email seems like its never going to come. Im sorry but you're not really helping nothing has been done. This was really pointless. You guys took out money with no problem though. Why didnt you guys place a hold on it instead of taking it right then and there? Now they wont even let me cancel my order!

Journeyman

KrisKrysis

I apologize that i was not able to assist you to your satisfaction. If you would like to get further assistance with this issue please contact our online chat department at http://www.sprint.com/landings/chat/?ECID=vanity:chat.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Already talked to them and it was pointless

Journeyman

quit trying to act confused. you guys know very well what is going on. there has been multiple reports that people who have ordered gold devices either late in October or early November have already received their phone when people like me who ordered over a month a go are still waiting. then you guys have the balls to say, orders are first come first serve. then reps get on the message boards and act so confused like they don't know whats going on. At least if you're going to be shady, have the balls to stand up and admit what you are doing. i guess sprint feels the people who ordered earliest can wait, while new orders are priority.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat