Journeyman

Re: Lost or Stolen IPhones

cry cry sprint did not take care of us this time cry cry

cry cry

cry cry

sprint does not care about us anymore cry cry cry

Wizard

I'm not following what Sprint had to do with your loss, but here's a hanky. Someone on here once said "back-up phone, back-up phone, back-up phone".  It's true, always have a back-up plan (phone).  Maybe it's your previous phone, a used one off Craigslist, or an inexpensive flip-phone. Life's full of losses, you have to learn how to deal with them when they come along; and they will.

Although it may not be a iPhone, you can easily find a decent used Sprint Android phone for $100-$200 on eBay or Craigslist to tide you over until your device renewal.  Remember, even lost/misplaced insurance coverage may have a high deductible plus monthly fees. Sometimes self insurance and TLC are the cheaper way to go.

Journeyman

Well i just found out  that "Find my Iphone" only works if the person who stole it does not power it off. The phone has to be on. I just got the Iphone for my son, and it was stolen at school,(his fault , did not lock locker during gym). I was always hesitant because Sprint doesnt provide insurance, but I just assumed none of the carriers did, now I find out that AT&T does provide Iphone insurance, yes the deductible is 199 but  its better than paying 600 for a new phone. So i am having my son  offer a reward at school, no questions asked, but if not I told him he has to wait till all my lines come up for renewal(6) and I can get out of Sprint contracts to go to AT&T for an Iphone.

Journeyman

I was bald faced LIED TO by the Sprint CORPORATE Store that Apple offered a three year warranty that covered theft/loss only to find out AFTER I renewed my contract with Sprint for two years and AFTER buying the warranty from APPLE that I was LIED to. 12 YEARS with Sprint, 12 and this is what they do to their customers KNOWING this is a HIGH THEFT item. I am sorry I bought this for my son, sorry I renewed my contract again. I say a LAWSUIT is what needs to happen. And I had the data coverage price jacked up to boot and the thank you I get from Sprint is a big screw me for being such a loyal customer. Worst criminal enterprise ever! I have had insurance on EVERY phone I ever purchased through Sprint. They should be charged with extortion and theft of services as far as I am concerned.

Highlighted
Journeyman

A misinformed representative is at fault. I don't work for Sprint, but I definitely have in the past corrected quite a few reps when they are misinforming customers right in my face. It just grinds my gears . I don't believe a well informed Sprint representative would just lie to your face about a product. Many stores like AT&T and Verizon and T-Mobile have reps that just don't know what the hell they are talking about. I blame the corporate training. Apple's warranties have never covered lost/stolen items.

Journeyman

Once the iphone is turned off you can kiss it goodbye, and also once the thief reprogram the phone find my Iphone will not work!!!!!!!

Journeyman

I've owned an Iphone I've lost that Iphone, would I purchase another one? nope, why would I purchase a phone with no theft coverage. Back to my HTC I go.

Journeyman

Regardless of whether or not you know it is in your plann your phone company should be ready and willing to work with you. That is what you call good service. But apparently you have not lost your phone or you have enough money to buy one nstaight out if you have. But most of us can't and that is the reason why iphones as a whole suck. They don't do any differnt from a droid yet you are paying $500 if you lose it. It's ridiculous.

Journeyman

tomdeaver wrote:

Although we can empathize with your concerns, it's important to understand that most if not all decisions regarding the "handling" of an iphone are set by Apple.  This is what makes Apple products unique. 

Tom

Sorry Tom but that statement has to be one of the most lame excuses I've ever heard from a Sprint rep.  Sprint chooses to sell Apples phone, unique or not; therefore, Sprint supports Apples policy. Sprint could have penned the rules themselves and it wouldn't have made any difference. Sprint didn't need to go to the Apple table armed with handcream. Apple could care less about Sprint or it's bottom line. They just want to sell their phones. A customer looses a phone, they pay a deductible, phone is replaced, that's how it should work. Phone's ESN is locked so regardless if the customer is trying to pull something, anyone who tries to turn it back on without the proper account information is told "sorry, that's a bad ESN" and the phone remains a brick. Now unless you admitting this is a lie or Sprint is allowing lost/stolen phones to be activated to improve churn, then we have another BIGGER issue that needs to be addressed but not at this level. This would be something the FCC and maybe even the DOJ would need to review.

Journeyman

I hear you. I was given nothing in writing at the store. A lot of things, namely charges I didn't agree to were sent to be my mail days after the sales person at the Sprint store locked me in for two years. One more year and back to AT&T.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.