Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My calls go straight to voicemail

Journeyman

My calls go straight to voicemail

I've noticed that most of my iPhone 4 calls don't even ring through, but go directly to voicemail. I'm wondering:

a) Why?

b) Does anybody else have this issue?

c) Is there anything I can do about it?

7 REPLIES 7
Wizard

Teedle,

Does this happen regardless of your location?  Has your iPhone done this since you've received it?  Did you have another Sprint phone before the iPhone?

There's a few things we can look into based on the answers to those questions.

Thanks,

David

Journeyman

_D4V1D_:

I haven't used my iP4 too far from home yet, and I just got it about a week and a half ago. This is my first Sprint phone. So I'm afraid the situation is still a bit vague LOL.

Thanks,

Teedle

Wizard

Ya, I guess that does leave it a bit vague, but that's alright, we can still look at some other things Can you provide some cross streets, city and state close to you so I can take a look at the network to ensure we're not dealing with a network issue?  How many bars of service do you show in the upper left corner?  Does it say Sprint 3G?

You can refresh your network settings by opening your dial pad and typing in ##873283# and pressing call to initiate a service update in case it is a provsionig issue...

Journeyman

I am having the same problem - it is what has been described to me as "blocked calls".  In Indiana Sprints network has gotten worse - not better.

Where are you?

Master

yoitsmo wrote:

I am having the same problem - it is what has been described to me as "blocked calls".  In Indiana Sprints network has gotten worse - not better.

Where are you?

This will be more informational than anything since I can't pull up account information directly from the Community.

Blocked Calls are calls that the network capacity cannot support due to being strained. So these are call attempts that do not succeed at all. They are different than Dropped Calls. Dropped calls are already in progress and are lost. Blocked calls are almost always network related, dropped calls can be caused by both network and the device pretty evenly.

If the local network is over capacity and strained due to too many people joining in the area it can cause a lot of issues. Everything from dropped calls, blocked calls, to slower data speeds, etc.

This is one of the main focuses of Sprint's Network Vision rollout. Along with consolidating network technologies and reducing costs, it also will allow the network itself to "breathe". The tower will be able to dynamically assign spectrum where it is needed (3G/4G) depending on what kinds of devices are connected and how far away they are. Sprint utilizes three different requencies on our network (800mHz, 1900mHz, and 2500 mHz). The lower the frequency, the further it can travel with the same power output. In addition to these changes the entire network is being overhauled with completely new technolgoy that is more efficient, and will allow much greater capacity and faster data speeds on both 3G and 4G, as well as our 4G LTE rollout at the same time.

Journeyman

I'm in northwestern PA, and the local Sprint store said we were getting 3G towers in the area within a week or two. My bars are usually full when I'm home, but when I'm out, they go down to three or four depending on where I'm going. But every call that gets blocked happens at home. Would using wifi at home have anything to do with the blocked calls?

Journeyman

It seems to happen when I'm using wifi. Another reason to look forward to 3G in this area

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat