cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My iPhone was added to blacklisted list (Lost/ Stolen) when I tried to activate it on Sprint website

Highlighted
Journeyman

My iPhone was added to blacklisted list (Lost/ Stolen) when I tried to activate it on Sprint website

- I had been using my iPhone 8 Plus for more than a month before swapping to iPhone X 2 days ago.

- I still kept the iPhone 8 Plus and gave it to my mom yesterday. I called Sprint to activate it on my mom's line but I couldn't reach a representative so I went to Sprint.com, logged in to my account, followed the instruction and tried to activate it online.

- It asked me for the phone's IMEI, I entered but somehow the system didn't accept my iPhone 8 Plus' IMEI. It kept showing the error: We couldn't find this IMEI in the system.

- After several times of trying, it showed the error: "This IMEI has been blocked". I checked with Swappa and saw that my iPhone IMEI has been reported as Lost / Stolen, and Blocked from Activation. 

- I called Sprint, told them that it was my phone and never reported my phone lost/stolen. They did something on their backend and told me that they had released the phone and it was ready for activation.

- The problem is so far my phone is still in the blacklisted list (Lost/ Stolen) when I check its IMEI. I called Sprint and asked them how to remove it from the list but they never answered me.

- Is there anyone here experienced the same thing can help me to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: My iPhone was added to blacklisted list (Lost/ Stolen) when I tried to activate it on Sprint ...

Hello louis2610, sounds like something we need to look into. I have sent you a Private Message, feel free to reply at your earliest convenience.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: My iPhone was added to blacklisted list (Lost/ Stolen) when I tried to activate it on Sprint ...

Hello

i am having and issue where my phone is listed as "phone lost/stolen by sprint ".   I started calling about issues in September, but was just told yesterday that it is reported lost/stolen by sprint. Problem is 3 of the 4 phones on my account are listed the same. 

I need answers. This has been going on for months and no one from sprint contacts me to resolve it. 

Thanks

trace

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hey Hammta57, that looks odd. Let's take a look into this. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Literally Having the same issue As Louis!! I’m trying to activate my iPhone on a new carrier and you guys keep telling me my phone is unlocked but Swappa keeps telling me my IMEI is STILL blacklisted even though you guys told me you took it off the blacklist.. need answers as I paid my contract FULLY off and my phone was never supposed to be blacklisted or reported as lost or stolen Anyways!
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat