cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help 901-6 Sprint Voice Message

Highlighted
Journeyman

Need Help 901-6 Sprint Voice Message

I recently switched from EVO to IPhone.  I've been getting about 10 - 20 texts a day from 901-6 saying:  //Android:$(from) has sent you  a Sprint Voice Message.   I read some of the other boards; I didn't download Handcent or any other 3rd party app.   I spent 4 hours on the phone with 6 different reps and went to the Sprint store.

Can someone PLEASE help me.

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted

Re: Need Help 901-6 Sprint Voice Message

Audratreleaven,

Did you ever get this taken care of?  If not, please send me a private message and I will try to get this resolved for you.

Thanks,

Ray

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here, twelve (12) calls to Sprint and they say they have a ticket on it but nothing resolution yet.

Highlighted
Wizard

If you are still having issues with the 901-6 text message problem, I would be glad to help. If you have your old Android phone available, I can provide the steps to hard reset your phone to resolve the problem. Thanks.

Highlighted
Master

A hard reset on their phone will not fix this issue.
JPR3, Did you just activate this device? What phone is it and what phone did you have before? This will usually stop on it's own after a couple of days, It is usually caused when switching devices that use different voicemail systems. Once it fully migrates over they should stop.

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 4S activated in March. Previous phone was a HTC EVO and my daughter sold it on EBay.

Sprint has no clue... Reset my phone through ITunes yesterday, complete restore. Still receiving 901-6 text.

Highlighted

Changing your NAI might fix this issue since the old NAI may be stuck in the visual voicemail platform from the HTC EVO. Call technical support and see if they can change your NAI. You may have to reset your network settings afterwards to reconfigure and provision that new NAI.

Ray

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had this issue for almost a year now.  I have reset my iPhone 4s upgraded to 5.1.1 then to 6.0 same issue.  For me it was a new line of service.  I have also been to the psrint store twice and called customer service multiple times with no luck.  Please help 20-50+ texts a week is VERY annoying.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same problem as everyone else. I previously had an EVO 3D and switched to the Iphone 5 at the end of September. Since the switch I have been receiving the subject text messages. I spoke with a Sprint rep and they had no idea what this was and the solution was to block the message. The block worked for about a week and I am now receiving them again. Could someone please help?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I do not have a solution but I too got an iPhone 5 from an Evo HTC.  The same situation is occurring and Sprint at this time has no solution.  If anyone gets it fixed then please share.       Thanks !

Journeyman

Has anyone heard any updates about this issue? This is really annoying.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone found a fix for this problem?  Just got an iphone 4s and the texts started right away.... Sprint acts like they never seen this problem...and they don't have a solution...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat