cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer: how to stop spam SMS, is there a cloud SMS feature & iPhone Sprint app?

Journeyman

New Customer: how to stop spam SMS, is there a cloud SMS feature & iPhone Sprint app?

Hi

Im a Sprint customer and iPHone 4S user as of Friday.

Everything seems to be going great, though I am getting unwanted SMS spam.  Where can I opt out in receiving this junk and or just allow only friends/familys' SMSs to go through (a la Google Voice)?

Also, is there a way I can auto forward all the SMS messages I receive within the text app to my gmail account.  So they appear within text app, but also at the same time within my gmail.  This will let me to receive and send SMS messages via all my Internet devices, as well archive my texts.

thanks,

joe

p.s. last thing what is the Sprint bill pay iPhone app called?  AT&T had a nice one and I'm hoping Sprint has one too!

9 REPLIES 9
Sprint Product Ambassador

For the mobile billpay on your iPhone just point Safari at http://m.sprint.com/ -- we don't have a billpay app at the moment.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

There is an app (well several) that give you free texting with the iphone. I use an app by the company Pinger..It's called Textfree with voice. It allows you to choose your own local number and you can text for free to anyone as well as make calls (minutes cost money but are very reasonable) You should definitely look into it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Have you tried integrated Google Voice yet?  If you use your Sprint Number as your GV number, you should be able to easily filter out spam. 

Journeyman

Re: New Customer: how to stop spam SMS, is there a cloud SMS feature & iPhone Sprint app?

I'm getting strange texts every since I have activated my iphones... keep getting texts from a number "911-4" the message is always the same and starts out with " //BREW:0x1041c54: Free msgs: will stop automatically" it goes on with some HTML, but I keep getting them even tho I have blocked them at my account on-line. it won't take the number as 911-4 or 911 4, but it will take 9114. I replied "stop" to the last one & I got a kick back saying that" I had blocked this number and could not send or receive texts" any ideals anyone??

Journeyman

Re: New Customer: how to stop spam SMS, is there a cloud SMS feature & iPhone Sprint app?

Call Sprint and have it black listed or go to preferences on sprint.com and put it under block texts. If you download the Google Voice app you should be able to set any text as spam and it will block it. Sprint does not as of now have any apps for the app store.

Journeyman

I found a really interesting document regarding this:

http://www.theinternetpatrol.com/are-you-getting-brew-text-messages-heres-why/

Journeyman

Journeyman

Journeyman

Just type in BLOCK and it will stop any more incoming from that spammer.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat