cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service (voice or data) on iPhone 5 after every iOS update...

10 REPLIES
Master

Re: No service (voice or data) on iPhone 5 after every iOS update...

RANDR25830,
I'm sorry this issue occurred. However, I'm glad to hear your husband's issue was resolved. Happy Connecting!
- Alexes
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thank you for this comment!!!  My husband has been on the phone with Sprint multiple times in the last few days and even went to the Sprint store for a "repair" where they told him he needed a new phone.  His phone is 3 months old!  I turned off his roaming after reading this and instantly got service back.  Thanks again!

Journeyman

I believe i found the solution to this no service or searching problem. First you should try ##873283#. If that doesnt work try turning airplane mode on and off. Still not work? try rebooting your phone. Now if that doesnt work reseting the network. If it still doesnt work try all this step by step. I am not sure if this will erase everything on your phone so back up your phone before you start.

YOU WILL NEED:

iphone

usb cable

computer or laptop with your itunes on it.

1: have your usb cable ready to plug into the phone or computer with itunes opened.

2: Now hold down the power and home button at the same time until a black screen or apple logo shows.

3: Let go of the power button but continue to hold down the home button until it says to restore your phone connecting itunes.

4: Connect your phone to the usb and let it restore.

5: once its done restoring it should work fine.

GOT ALL OF THIS FROM APPLE SUPPORT.

Journeyman

RickS33, my wife has been having the same issue with her iPhone 5 on every update.  Tried the solution you provided and it worked!  Thanks so much!!  Someone should tag this as the solution.  The Sprint rep suggested only doing the updates through iTunes instead of over the air.  Something about losing bits of data, yada yada yada.  Whatever....

Journeyman

You have to remember, after each update, "Roaming" is set to ON. Sprint cannot use Roaming for the local service, so you have to shut that off. Once you do, your Bars will come back pretty fast.

Highlighted
Wizard

nameloc34,

At the area you are at, is there wi-fi available?  If so try ##UPDATE# when connected to wi-fi.  RickS33 was able to register once in a different area where he picked up signal; Where is it that you're located, provide cross streets & zipcode, I'll determine the nearest service tower where you can try to re-register onto the network

Thanks

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

FYI, I didn't get a chance to try Darryl's suggestion.  But, I was finally able to reconnect after I left my home - not sure, but maybe becaused I moved to an area with a stronger signal (tho with the Airave I showed a full signal at home).  I just called ##UPDATE# (##873283#) from the new area, and then the service update worked fine and service/number was restored.

I'll be sure to try Darry's suggestion (connecting to wi-fi) if this happened again next time and update here with the outcome.

Journeyman

darryl- any help how to fix this no cellular service after 6.1.3 update- im in boonies and screwd if i cant figure out wth happened- i just did the update and now phone has no cellular service.....

thanks

derek

Journeyman

rick- just updated my iphone 5 with 6.1.3 and have no cellular service, like the phone has no number now... did you find any fix for this- traveling for work without personal computer and i tunes- only the broken phone and ipad right now.... thanks

derek

Wizard

Yikes, that's not good you can't pick up service after the update.  Can you connect to wi-fi and then try the ##UPDATE# Call process, this may force re-registration onto the network.  I'm not sure what causes this registration issue, but I've come across this before.  Hopefully the update over wi-fi kicks it into gear.  Keep me updated.

Thanks

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care