cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered a 5S on Sept 22...... Of course I don't have it yet, it's sprint!

Journeyman

Ordered a 5S on Sept 22...... Of course I don't have it yet, it's sprint!

On 9/22I Ordered a 5s, then was told it would be up to 3 weeks for it to be shipped... Now I am aware that sprint is literally trying to wait until the VERY last day to ship the 5s. I mean did they not realize the supply would be as great as it is? It is really mind blowing the amount of calls I have had to make to Sprint customer care, and to hear different things each time I would call...

"It will be shipped this week"

"there is no wait whatsoever, please check your online sprint account for tracking"

"we currently have no gold or silver 5s to ship"

sprint, you really need to get your team on the same page.... I really am disgusted with the wait time, and lack of answers.

I have asked if i would be able to simply pick up a 5S from one of their storefront locations.. Of course something like that is far too advanced for sprint...... Adjusting inventory based on customer needs started YEARS ago! I don't know if I can wait for sprint to catch up with the times.

15 REPLIES 15
Journeyman

Re: Ordered a 5S on Sept 22...... Of course I don't have it yet, it's sprint!

I ordered a gold 32 on the 20th at approx 2pm pst and have received nothing yet, I called cs and was promised it would arrive before the end of October.  We shall see.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Rmedrano23,

Thanks for reaching out. I can absolutely understand where you are coming from. Waiting for a new phone can be the hardest. Based on which iPhone 5s you purchased the timelines can differ as the demands differ. The Inventory provided to us is seriously constrained, which is why our delivery timelines are longer than normal. I found some really good information for you. Please let me know if you have any questions or need anything else.

Gold 5s-Orders from 9/20 through 9/23 4:45 pm CT will ship in 4 to 6 weeks from order date 

All other iPhone 5S devices will ship in 4 to 6 weeks from order date

Joseph

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I think those people who orderred from T-mobile have the same problem as well.

Journeyman

I Have to say  I'm lucky, I ordered a gold iphone on sept. 22 from apple website.  I got a shipping confirmation  from apple yesterday saying it is  in China with a due date of Wednesday October 16th. I ordered 2 days after they were released.

Journeyman

I ordered my gold 5s 16g on the 20th and finally got my tracking number today!! Heck Yea!

Journeyman

I ordered my iphone 5S gold 64 from the Apple store online October 1st.  I got confirmation it would ship out October 24-28.  the 5s is really popular and everyone wants one. I have 2 Sprint stores here in Idaho Falls and one store keeps telling me that the Gold 5S isnt even released yet but i can come in and pay for it.(who does that? i thought that was called preordering) Thru the Apple store you have the option to cancel it if you find one in an Apple store or best buy before the phone gets to processing stage.   I know its frustrating but just know its coming.  it just might take longer because you ordered through sprint.  Apple sends out 5S one by one to people.  But for Sprint to get them they have to send out a bunch to Sprintand  then Sprint sends it to you (more time wasted)

Journeyman

Well a word of adviceorde from apple and not sprint it because sprint was gonna make me wait till 8 weeks i just ordere from apple two days ago and my phone is gonna come november 4 only three-four weeks away.

Journeyman

i ordered my gold iphone on release date and i just received my shipping info and itll be here overnight so theres hope!

Journeyman

16 or 32

Journeyman

Its supply strain done by apple themselves to all carriers. Every Brick & Mortar location for every carrier only got 6 to 10 units that were entirely random asides from those pre-ordered. If you did not want to wait you should of walked into an Apple store to pick one up instantly. They stressed carrier supply to the lowest they can to focus on keeping stock in their own stores for the time being until it can even chain out again.

It would be logical phones are shipped on first-order basis, Re-supply is around 15th so it wont be long

Edit: I would like to add another bit, In-between restocks there will always usually be some devices (albeit very few) coming in, those would be sent first-come-first-serve with whoever is in front of the  back-order list until all back orders are completed. So never worry if people say they ordered during back-stock and got their device fast while your waiting it just means customers who ordered before you havent been taken care of yet.

Journeyman

16gb

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat