cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone is not receiving calls from landline phones

Highlighted
Journeyman

Phone is not receiving calls from landline phones

For the past 3-4 months, all the phones in our household have been unable to receive calls from landline phones. For example, the Dentist's office cancelled an appointment and when my Mom showed up they told her they tried calling and couldn't reach her... When I leave my car for an oil change and go pick it up they tell me they tried calling me... This happens over and over. I called Customer support and they were no help, they told me everything is fine and called me with a testing landline (and the call worked.) The next day I went to a local Sprint store and had them try calling me and the call wouldn't go through, they didn't hear anything on their end except 2-3 rings. Any help?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Well, you 've come to the right place, to get help. What kind of phone do you have, that they are trying to call? Both yours and your mothers?

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

?Lover of Everything Magical ?
Please give glitter coated Kudos and crown thee with Accepted Solutions.
Highlighted

I have an iPhone 6s, brother has an iPhone 6, mom has an iPhone X. All three phones could not be reached from the local sprint stores landline phones.  This is happening in locations with the area code 757.

Highlighted

I found some information that will be helpful to you. Please click on link. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204027 Let me know if any of these instructions help. Also with the network settings, if you would like to try and connect another tower, you can dial, ##25327#, then push call. This will reset your network settings.

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

Highlighted

None of that helped.

Highlighted

Did you attempt to make phone calls to the device from a landline? Try dialing from the landline to the cellphone with the 10 digit number and let me know if it works.

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

Highlighted

Yes, I went to the local sprint store and used their landline phone and called myself with the 10 digit number, did not work.

Highlighted

I'm sorry, after you tried all of those things on that link I provided, did you try calling your cellphone from a landline? If your Sprint store is located in a different area code then you would have to dial a 1+ the number. If your store is located in the same area code, the 10 digit number is required.

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

Highlighted

No I didn't go to the store after trying your first tip. I doubt this problem can be fixed using the link you provided, because this is happening with EVERY phone in our household, its unlikely everyone else in my city knows how to turn their phone on and off and my household is the only one who doesn't. Also, I do not believe the +1 is the issue, because we live in a city with a lot of military personnel and different area codes and no one else is having this issue. But I do not know if the +1 was entered for my phone because I'm not the one who called, I asked the worker at Spring to call me and I do not know what they dialed exactly.

Highlighted

The link I provided was just troubleshooting tips. What I found was that anytime you have a city with multiple area codes, you must dial a 1+ the number, if you are dialing a number within the same area code, then you would dial the 10 digit number. If you don't have a landline in your home, I suggest for continued troubleshooting and ruling things out, I recommend going to your local Sprint store, and verifying their area code, and then dial your number accordingly to my provided information. 

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat