cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please unlock iPhone 6 plus

Journeyman

Please unlock iPhone 6 plus

I received a used iPhone 6 Plus. I gave it to my daughter for a Christmas present. She only needs it on Wifii, she’s 11 and wanted to try her out on something first. However, we are unable to get the device past the initial setup because it says there is no valid SIM card. Based on a google search we tried my husbands and mine SIM cards, Verizon carrier. It did not work ( we were completely unaware that this was a Sprint locked phone) We then went to the Apple store (an hour away) and waited in line for 2.5 hours to be told it was locked by Sprint. Tried calling the toll free number they gave me but because I’m not a Sprint customer I could not get into the computer phone automated system. The Apple rep at the store said that Sprint is under legal obligation to unlock the device. I can give you the numbers you need, MEID, IMIE. Please help me get my daughter a Christmas present that works. Thank you so much. 

4 REPLIES 4
Sprint Social Care

Re: Please unlock iPhone 6 plus

Hello Karen6, in order to unlock a device from Sprint's network, there are some criteria it has to meet:

• The device is Domestic SIM Unlock capable
  • The device must be or have been active on the Sprint network for a minimum of 50 days
  • Any associated Service Agreement, Installment Billing Agreement, or Lease Agreement has been fulfilled including payment in full of any applicable early termination fees or end-of-lease purchase options. Because leased devices are not owned by the user, the end of lease purchase option must be exercised and paid in full before the Domestic SIM unlock is completed.
  • The associated account is in good standing
  • The device has not been reported as lost or stolen, associated with fraudulent activity, or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked.

For more information about our unlock policy, visit: www.Sprint.com/unlock

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for the reply. I have read all the requirements. However I have no way if knowing if they are met without your help. That’s what I’m asking for is help, I can give you the numbers you need. Please just advise in further detail.

Sprint Social Care

I'd be more than glad to assist you. It is important to remember that before a device can be Unlocked, it must first be eligible and we check this by accessing the account. After the account is authenticated and reviewed, a ticket is created to unlock the device. This may take 24-48 hours to be resolved. Let's take a closer look into this, I have sent you a Private Message, feel free to reply at your earliest convenience.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Iphone 5S SIM incompativel
I updated my iphone 5s to the latest version and it got blocked, I called the apple and they told me to get in touch with you, which you would unlock for me, please help me, I only have this cell phone and in Brazil everything is so expensive without conditions of acquiring a new one, it was working perfectly before with the normal chip of Brasil of the clear.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat