cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please unlock my Iphone 5 for domestic use immediately!

Journeyman

Re: Please unlock my Iphone 5 for domestic use immediately!

A month ago I had to replace my iPhone 5s, it was under warranty so I went to the Apple Store to get it replaced. It WAS an UNLOCKED iPhone 5s UNTIL the guy working at the Apple Store took out the SPRINT SIM CARD from my damaged iPhone and it installed the SPRINT software/firmware which at that very moment LOCKED my iPhone, so I know that y'all can unlock it, you just WON'T do it.. I have been with Sprint for 14 years and will be leaving. All other domestic carriers have unlocked phones.

Master

LorriWoods64- For more information on unlocking Iphone for domestic use please check out www.sprint.com/unlock! - Steph
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I see you have also found out the truth about Sprint--They lock the phone via the SIM card and WILL NOT unlock it for domestic use, no matter what they say elsewhere on these comments.

The good news is: There is a way out of the unlock problems at a  better price too. We got tired of talking to their service people and getting the same run around about unlocking for domestic use... BOTTOM LINE: Sprint will not unlock any phones from the past, only going forward in 2015.

So I took an iPad 4, an iPhone 4S and an iPhone 5S  to  Ting - mobile that makes sense , a Sprint reseller recently. The iPad and 5S I got from Apple directly so they are unlocked and using the Apple SIM that came with them. We have cut our bill from $150/month to around $50 for all 3 devices. Still on Sprint circuits, but unless we go nuts with data or international calls, we should save a bundle each month. You can tether devices on them too. I believe any iPhone up to a 5s can be transferred.

Journeyman

Bob, seriously dude.  Give it a rest.  I realize you must work for Ting, but as it's been stated, that is not unlocking.  Most people want to use the GSM portion of the phone.  They know that Verizon won't activate the phone and want to be able to use a GSM sim.  Your "solution" isn't a solution at all.  It does not unlock the phone.  It does nothing to the GSM portion of the phone and simply allows you to use another MVNO on the Sprint network.  People aren't complaining that their bills are too high and want to leave Sprint for another CDMA network.

Go find a thread that talks about MVNO options and post your garbage there.  Otherwise, just give it a rest.  It's obnoxious and just as bad as the Sprint reps sending the link to the worthless Unlocking Policy.

TB

Journeyman

Let me know when you find a better way to salvage a phone still locked to Sprint and I will gladly follow. Burtrom. I would like to escape but still use my equipment....

B

Journeyman

Bob9768 wrote:

Let me know when you find a better way to salvage a phone still locked to Sprint and I will gladly follow. Burtrom. I would like to escape but still use my equipment....

B

You want a better way?

OK. Go buy a SIM Interposer. A Gevey or an R-SIM or some other interposer device. Insert the foreign SIM into the Interposer and the entire thing into the SIM slot.

Voila! You're on another network that is not the Sprint network. Just be careful in updating as that might break the functioning of the interposer.

But wait you say! A SIM interposer is not a true unlock! You're right! It's kind of like suggesting a move from Sprint to a Sprint MVNO that uses Sprint's network! The device is not truly unlocked, but you're on another network!

Except that a SIM interposer can actually make that happen. Unlike moving to Ting or another Sprint MVNO. You're still locked to and riding Sprint's network. The only thing that changed is the billing and where you send your money each month.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes-sirey, both the Gevey and R-SIM interposers look to be coming from very substantial and well established companies with impressive websites. That they barely understand English grammar reassures me so much I will rush to pick one up...for sure...to unlock my one remaining Sprint locked phone.  Sheesh!!!

Master

Bob9768 Are you seeking assistance? Please us know, were here to help.- Tanisha
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

It is ridiculous! I've been a customer for 4 years now, and their services and receptions didn't meet my standard (or at least where i live), so I decided to switch over to T-mobile with my boyfriend. I have a 5S 32GBS GOLD. I bought it for almost $400 with additional 2 years contract. I just switched over to T-mobile last week, and i've called Sprint about 7 times now. First was telling them about a missing credit to my bills and i want to get it before leaving the plan, they said they will honor it and assist me with my phone after I switched. Second call was regarding unlocking my iPhone so i can use, they said I have to pay my oustanding balance before anyone can assist me. Okay, Paid, then called again for them to unlock my phone, they transfered me to International Unlocking Department knowing I clearly said Domestic. And of course, International had to transfered me back to customer service care. From there, they couldn't help me unlock, they transfered me to Technical Support Department. A gentleman was nice enough to say " of course I will take a look at your account and will unlock your phone for you". I was thrilled for 2 seconds until he said I have to pay my ETF balance first before he can assist me. My ETF was $500. Okay, fair enough. Paid and waited a day for it to process. Called in this morning, stuck on the phone and playing the transfering game again for 40 minutes before reaching to Technical Support Group, She held me hostage for 30 minutes telling me the company cannot do anything about it, even i've spent ridiculous amount of money, and kept on reading me the "unlocking policy" and telling me to go online and read it for myself.

I didn't give up, I went online and tried to "chat now" with the customer representative once more. He now is telling me something different. I AM ABLE TO UNLOCK my phone, but however, I have to have at least a 90 days active account with Sprint. I said, NO ONE, NO ONE, told me that before leaving Sprint, and basically he just told me you're sh*t out of luck.

I am so mad because I don't have a phone to use, My mother also does not have a phone to use, while we both paid $1000 for both phones (ETF included). WHat is this MADNESS? How can you guys be so heartless. Please update your customer service department, and your "policy" because people are jumping ships to other carriers.

Journeyman

If you have 2 Sprint phones that do not work, try taking them to Ting Mobile until you can get Sprint to unlock them. At least you will have service, and at a good price too. It is easy to set up online with them as well.

I have taken an iPhone 4S and an iPhone 5S  to  Ting - mobile that makes sense , a Sprint reseller recently.  We have cut our bill from $150/month to around $50. Still on Sprint circuits, but unless we go nuts with data or international calls, we should save a bundle each month. You can tether devices on them too. I believe any iPhone up to a 5s can be transferred.

Journeyman

tranjudyy wrote:

It is ridiculous! I've been a customer for 4 years now, and their services and receptions didn't meet my standard (or at least where i live), so I decided to switch over to T-mobile with my boyfriend. I have a 5S 32GBS GOLD. I bought it for almost $400 with additional 2 years contract. I just switched over to T-mobile last week, and i've called Sprint about 7 times now. First was telling them about a missing credit to my bills and i want to get it before leaving the plan, they said they will honor it and assist me with my phone after I switched. Second call was regarding unlocking my iPhone so i can use, they said I have to pay my oustanding balance before anyone can assist me. Okay, Paid, then called again for them to unlock my phone, they transfered me to International Unlocking Department knowing I clearly said Domestic. And of course, International had to transfered me back to customer service care. From there, they couldn't help me unlock, they transfered me to Technical Support Department. A gentleman was nice enough to say " of course I will take a look at your account and will unlock your phone for you". I was thrilled for 2 seconds until he said I have to pay my ETF balance first before he can assist me. My ETF was $500. Okay, fair enough. Paid and waited a day for it to process. Called in this morning, stuck on the phone and playing the transfering game again for 40 minutes before reaching to Technical Support Group, She held me hostage for 30 minutes telling me the company cannot do anything about it, even i've spent ridiculous amount of money, and kept on reading me the "unlocking policy" and telling me to go online and read it for myself.

I didn't give up, I went online and tried to "chat now" with the customer representative once more. He now is telling me something different. I AM ABLE TO UNLOCK my phone, but however, I have to have at least a 90 days active account with Sprint. I said, NO ONE, NO ONE, told me that before leaving Sprint, and basically he just told me you're sh*t out of luck.

I am so mad because I don't have a phone to use, My mother also does not have a phone to use, while we both paid $1000 for both phones (ETF included). WHat is this MADNESS? How can you guys be so heartless. Please update your customer service department, and your "policy" because people are jumping ships to other carriers.

Any unlock you get is going to be international only. If Sprint gives you an MSL code, don't get your hopes up. Apple does not use MSL codes and it's not possible to "reprogram" the iPhone (all models). Sprint does not do domestic unlocks. Period. No matter what you are being told, they do not do this. You can believe me or not, but in the end your phone will still be locked domestically.

You're mad. Understandable. Did you read the unlock policy on Sprint's website before you established service and each time you renewed? Or did you just assume that you could take your phone with you?

The unlock policy has been online since 2011 at least. By establishing service or renewing service you agree to this policy.

Master

tranjudyy - So that we can better assist you please send us a private message with your telephone number and best time to call. - MitzieSprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat