cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please unlock my Iphone 5 for domestic use immediately!

Journeyman

Re: Please unlock my Iphone 5 for domestic use immediately!

Writing my letter to the FCC right now.  I would like to understand why Apple says they have not made "special" phones for Sprint that cannot be unlocked...and Sprint can continue to lie and say there were special ones made.  Apple is happy to unlock once Sprint sends okay to unlock them.  But Sprint won't send it

Journeyman

I see you have also found out the truth about Sprint--They lock the phone via the SIM card and WILL NOT unlock it for domestic use, no matter what they say elsewhere on these comments.

The good news is: There is a way out of the unlock problems at a  better price too. We got tired of talking to their service people and getting the same run around about unlocking for domestic use... BOTTOM LINE: Sprint will not unlock any phones from the past, only going forward on some phones purchased in 2015.

So I took an iPad 4, an iPhone 4S and an iPhone 5S  to [inappropriate link removed], a Sprint reseller recently. The iPad and 5S I got from Apple directly so they are unlocked and using the Apple SIM that came with them. The iPhone 4S was unlocked for Ting with their tech service rep's help so it works too.

We have cut our bill from $150/month to around $50 for all 3 devices. Still on Sprint circuits, but unless we go nuts with data or international calls, we should save a bundle each month.  I believe any iPhone up to a 5s can be transferred.

Message was edited by: The Moderator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines:  http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/buzz-admin-blog/blog/2010/01/01/sprintcom-comm...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!

Patron

I officially say .. Sprint is thug and they steal money by smiling and not showing any agreement first and then when you say I am switching my carrier then they show real face.

You pay full price of phone 800$ and that phone is useless in other provider.

Journeyman

Well am really disappointed with sprint because you guys been telling me that you are unlocking my iPhone 6 and I just talk to Apple representative and they tell me that sprint haven't summit any request to unlock my phone I already pay my phone because they told me a soonest pay off my phone they will unlocked but nothing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for providing this information.  I will definitely be using the information you provide to complain to the FCC.  I've met all the requirements and Sprint was still unable to unlock my iPhone 6.  I've called several times, each time spending 2+ hours with the rep, the rep promising to unlock the phone and when I call back a day later, nothing has happened.  I do feel like they are giving me the roundabout so that I can't leave Sprint easily.  Either that or they have very incompetent people working there; this is the main reason why I am leaving. 

Journeyman

I called all of your departments and everyone said they can help me and after several phone calls, each averaging over 2+ hours, I still don't have my iPhone 6 unlocked.  I read your policy and met all the requirements.  I think I might have a better chance contacting the FCC.

GrandMaster

or you can start up a thread in the customer service area instead of making FCC threats to an agent that hasnt been active in almost 2 years

Customer Service

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat