cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please unlock my Iphone 5 for domestic use immediately!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Please unlock my Iphone 5 for domestic use immediately!

18 years with sprint.  50% drop call rate.  Bought my iphone 5 outright.  I've paid my ETF.  I now have new phones with Verizon prepaid and get great service, but i have a relatively new iphone 5 that I can't use anywhere else.

It is my phone, you didn't subsidize it.  I demand that you unlock it immediately!  Per CITA you agreed to do it!

All you need is my IMEI number and a phone call to Apple business services and work it out.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

sprint, unlock, iphone, unsubsidized, end of contract, no service, my property, unfair, CITA, MSL useless

90 REPLIES 90
Highlighted
Master

neutron_cap,

Thanks for contacting us.

I do apologize you are upset. Please see http://sprint.com/legal/unlocking_policy.html

On offical unlocking devices policy.

http://sprint.com/legal/unlocking_policy.html

Thank you,

George M.
Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unlock your Sprint Device

Many Sprint phones or tablets (“devices”) have been programmed with a master subsidy lock or “MSL” that locks the device to certain operational parameters for use on Sprint’s network and prevents the device from being activated, as locked, on other carriers’ networks. Sprint will provide the necessary Code to unlock the MSL, upon request, provided the requested device is capable of being unlocked and you have met the unlocking requirements provided below.

Important note: Not all Sprint devices have a locking code or locking function that can be unlocked by Sprint (e.g., the iPhone 5S and 5C cannot be unlocked to allow the device to activate on a different carrier’s network in the United States). On certain devices, not all functionality may be unlocked (e.g., for some smartphone devices, Sprint may be able to unlock the CDMA/voice functionality of the device but unable to unlock the GSM/UMTS/LTE portion of the device). Even if unlocked, Sprint devices will not necessarily work on another carrier’s network. Whether an unlocked Sprint device can be used on another carrier’s network is subject to that carrier’s policies and network compatibilities. Even if a different carrier will activate a Sprint device on its network, Sprint does not make any guarantees as to a Sprint device’s performance on another carrier’s network or that any or all device features or functionalities will be fully or partially operational. Although a phone manufacturer may manufacture the same device model and name for different wireless carriers offering wireless service in the United States, Sprint devices are specifically designed to function on Sprint’s network and Sprint’s frequencies and technologies. Sprint generally will not be able to activate a non-Sprint branded phones on to its network.

General Eligibility Requirements for Unlocking Sprint Devices

Sprint will provide the Code to unlock the MSL on a Sprint device under the following circumstances:

• The Sprint device is capable of being unlocked.
  • The person requesting the Unlock Code is a current Sprint customer or former Sprint customer who can provide the phone number or account number for the account
  • The person requesting the Unlock Code is the Account Holder or an Authorized Contact
  • The account is in good standing (including but not limited to: payments are current, no write-off balance, not associated with a phone sent to collections, etc.)
  • The account is not subject to an unfulfilled Service Agreement or Installment Billing Agreement
    • Customers still subject to an unfulfilled Service Agreement or Installment Billing Agreement can fulfill this requirement by paying the applicable early termination fee or “ETF” or the remaining device balance, respectively
  • The device has not been reported as lost or stolen

To Request an Unlock Code

If you meet the above requirements and would like to request the Unlock Code for your Sprint device, contact Sprint Customer Care by dialing *2 from your Sprint mobile device or call 888-211-4727.

Important Note

Sprint may refuse any unlock request that would result in an abuse of this policy or is part of an effort to defraud Sprint or its customers. This unlocking policy is subject to change at Sprint’s discretion without advance notice.

Looking to Unlock Your Device for International Travel

Traveling abroad? Sprint may be able to unlock your phone in order for you to use while traveling internationally. For certain devices, Sprint will unlock a device that has been active for at least 90 days on an account that is in good standing. For more information, visit www.sprint.com/international.

Highlighted
Journeyman

With all do respect we all know this.  Basically it talks about the MSL which is worthless and as we all know it doesn't even mention that sprint could change their GSM IMEI unlock script and unlock the iphone through Apple whenever they felt like it.

Sprint simply doesn't want to, which is in violation of the CITA agreement they signed up for and in violation in my opinion of the business code of ethics (all the other major carriers do it)

Highlighted
Master

neutron_cap,

At this time this is the process which Sprint has chosen in regards to our unlock policies. If you have any additional questions please let us know.

Sprint Social Care Team
David
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint simply steals from us. They choose not to unlock our paid off iPhones in attempt to keep customers with Sprint. Sprint is the only provider on the market who doesn't unlock out of contract iPhones, turning then to iPods. Learn from this and switch to another provider who respects their customers. And let others know about Sprint's unlocking policies. Luckily, I have some broad influence at my university since I work with new students. I saved around 60 students by now from becoming Sprint customers and keep working on it. It is not much but since there are growing understanding about how Sprint keeps our Apple products hostage, let's hope than more and more people will switch to an honest provider.

Highlighted
Master

Eugene-I,

I'm soprry that you feel this way about our unlocked policies but I assure you we do offer a means to unlock. Sl;eect models device do not have the capability or functionality due to the manner they were designed and manufactered. Take alook at the details provided earlier in this thread for clarification.

Sprint Social Care Team
David
Highlighted
Journeyman

Lies lies lies!!! Over and over again !!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Any iPhone 4S or newer on Sprints network can be unlocked for GSM use. All iPhone 4S and afterwards can be unlocked DEPENDING on the model number for the 5/5S/5C. iPhone 4S are world phones and should all carry the same model number.

This is how simple it is for Sprint to unlock phones: Account holder calls Sprint and requests unlock. Sprint rep gets IMEI numbers from 4S or later. There is a department in Apple they call and push through the request to unlock the phone or have it "white-listed". Apple goes through and unlocks the phone within a certain time period. Connect to iTunes and done.

Sprint reps keep telling us that our phones cannot be unlocked domestically. They are lying (including you David). THE MSL NUMBERS ON IPHONES WILL NOT UNLOCK THEM FOR DOMESTIC USE. These are the only phones on Sprint that the MSL has very little purpose. It's a stealing Sprint's policy, to keep our phones hostage.

Highlighted
Master

Eugene-I,

Thanks for posting. I sincerely apologize for any confusion this matter may have caused you. Our official unblocking policy has been posted above. Please keep us posted if you experiencing issues unlocking your device and you meet the above the criteria.

Thank You,

DePaul W.
Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Master

Eugene-I:

Unfortunately, the information you have been provided is correct. As of right now, until Apple corrects an issue on their end, in their iOS servers regarding Sprint branded devices, they will not work on another carrier. I do understand this is an annoyance for those that would like to use an originally Sprint branded iPhone on another carrier, however, this is indeed the case. Until the aforementioned is taken care of Apples end the devices will not be unlocked for use on another carrier.

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

Jon, Sprint should initiate the request to Apple. Not Apple. I spoke with dozen of Apple's reps and they all say that Apple can't do anything until Sprint will allow them. Once again, lies from Sprint.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat