cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please unlock my phone! customer service says it is "unlocked"

Highlighted
Journeyman

Please unlock my phone! customer service says it is "unlocked"

I've been patiently waiting to have the Domestic Sim Lock removed from my iPhone 6s+ since NOVEMBER 3RD. First I had to wait for Sprint to get around to billing me to purchase the device ("the next billing cycle didn't end until 12/30")  That was extremely annoying, I've never had to beg a corporation to TAKE my money, so I could pay something off ahead of time. Fine, whatever.

I called customer support and paid off my balance as soon as they finally agreed to let me pay them. I was told the phone would be unlocked in 48 hours. Since it was never unlocked within that time frame, I called again. I was told by the woman I spoke with that "It is unlocked! You just need to take it into the new carrier's store and have them contact us and have it ported over." NO. That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works. My third and final call, I was told that it would be 48 hours.

This is ridiculous. I've been waiting two months to be able to give a phone THAT I PAID FOR to a friend. Why is my expensive phone being held hostage by Sprint? Am I being punished? Isn't this illegal? The nice lady on the phone said, "oh - you and your wife should just come back to Sprint". I never had a problem with Sprint until now.

Please, if there are any Sprint employees who are knowledgeable and are willing to help, I could really use some help right now. Thank you.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Sprint Employee

Re: Please unlock my phone! customer service says it is "unlocked"

I will gladly help, please send me a private message.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Thanks for your offer RC1024, I PM'd you, but you don't seem to be online today.

Can anyone please help me?

Sprint Social Care

Hello dsears. I'm happy to assist you with your device. We sent you a private message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi I also have the same issue please help.

Wizard

Hey there. Let me take a look into this for you. I'm going to send you, a private message now.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat