cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SMS messaging after switching from Iphone 4S to Samsung Galaxy IIIS

Journeyman

Problem with SMS messaging after switching from Iphone 4S to Samsung Galaxy IIIS

I recently switched from an IPhone 4S to a Samsung Galaxy IIIS. Everything works great except for one thing. Anyone who used to text me from their IPhone through IMessage can not text me now. Their phones still think I have an IPhone. I have tried several fixes:

1. When into apple support and unregistered both my Iphone and Ipad.

2. Turned off the IMessage inside the old Iphone 4S.

3. Had someone delete my contact info, add me back in and then try texting me. Same problem.

4. Apple support. Called 2 times and walked me through these "fixes".

5. Completely reset the old IPhone just in case there was something still in there causing this.

Any ideas are welcome. I don't want to go back to the IPhone, but may have to.

7 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Problem with SMS messaging after switching from Iphone 4S to Samsung Galaxy IIIS

Good morning, JIF231011,

Are you able to send them texts from your new device? *Paida

Journeyman

Re: Problem with SMS messaging after switching from Iphone 4S to Samsung Galaxy IIIS

Yes. I can send text to any phone including all the people with Iphones that I used to text through IMessage. They just can't text me back.

Highlighted
Wizard

OK, so you compose a new message using your GS3, send it to one of your iPhone buddies, they receive it and reply back to you using the same message thread (the one you initiated), and you don't get their replies?

I know, a pain, but try asking your iPhone friends to toggle iMessages OFF, then send you a text, then turn it back ON on their phones in Settings.

Message was edited by: seeblue1

Journeyman

That is correct. I don't get their replies. As far as the second suggesstions, I tried that and it works as long as they keep the imessage turned off. That is not feasible to ask everyone to turn off imessage.

Today I switched back to the IPhone and then turned off IMessage while the phone is active, tomorrow I am switching back to the GS3 and see if that fixes the problem. If so, then Sprint should be having everyone do this BEFORE they switch from an IPhone to and Android. You would think that Apple has to know this...

Journeyman

Hello JIF231011,

Please send me a private message with your phone number and account pin. Also  please include a phone number of an Iphone that is not able to text you.Paida

Journeyman

I am having this exact same problem, it is flat out frustrating because now I have to keep my old iPhone next to me so I can get the other persons message. What else can I do (other than asking all of my iPhone friends to turn off iMessage)?

Journeyman

I finally got mine fixed. I re-activated my Iphone for a couple of days. While it was active, I turned of I-Message and deleted the phone from I-tunes and then switched back to my android. All is working now. Sprint should know this and make sure you do this BEFORE you switch from an IPhone to Android system.