Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QUESTION for mod,why are the sprint stores not doing pre orders for the iphone?

Journeyman

QUESTION for mod,why are the sprint stores not doing pre orders for the iphone?

i went by my local sprint store tuesday and they said they would be talking pre orders friday...i went there this morning and they told me they were not doing pre order,"1st come 1st serve on the 14th" SMH

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Apple enjoys having long lines of people waiting to get product.  I wish I were kidding but that's the best conclusion I can come to.  They allowed preorders for the iPhone 4 for Verizon and it didn't result in the kind of press Apple wanted since everyone who ordered one got one.  It was a non-event.  So when it came to the iPad 2, they knowingly released without enough stock to fill the demand while simultaneously denying preorders.  The result?  Long lines and stories about stores being sold out for weeks.  Apple is all about the hype (who wouldn't be?).  Considering the lukewarm reception the 4S got, I imagine they're looking for lines and the stories about people waiting in line.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat