cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning a phone after upgrade

Highlighted
Journeyman

Returning a phone after upgrade

I went into a sprint store on 11/21/17 and upgraded my 7plus for an 8plus, on the iPhone forever plan. 

The girl that helped me, plugged it into the machine to transfer everything over, and when my new phone was done, everything looked good, and I left with my new phone. 

Yesterday i I got a phone call from the manager at that store and he asked if I also took my 7plus, because they couldn’t find it. 

I told him I didn’t have it, and that the last time I saw it it was plugged into the transfer machine on the back counter. He said, well I hope we find it because if it doesn’t get sent back, then you’ll be charged the replacement cost of the phone. 

Can an they do that??? I upgraded in a store, and left my old phone in their hands to return. How is it my responsibility to pay for that when they lost it?? 

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Returning a phone after upgrade

Hello JesiMVillarreal. We'd be happy to assist you with this matter and we will definitely figure it out. Please reply to my Private Message so we can further assist you.

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Sprint lost my phone and wants me to pay for it!

I returned my leased phone a MONTH ago and Sprint lost it and wants for me to pay for it! I have a receipt in hand showing that I returned it immediately after canceling my service (my contract was fulfilled) and Sprint's policy appears to be "if we find it, we'll remove that charge from your account" despite the receipt showing that my phone was handed off to an employee a month ago. This is not legal, Sprint. Once the phone is in your hands, it's your responsibility. I have fulfilled my end of the bargain; if your employee lost it, that's Sprint's loss. This is a warning to anybody trying to deal with Sprint: don't. I've gone into the store twice and spent 30-40 minutes on phone or chat with customer service twice. I've given the information from the receipt to 4 different employees yet still Sprint wants to auto deduct the cost of the phone that has already been returned. Poor customer service, totally unethical, and also illegal.

Sprint Social Care

Re: Sprint lost my phone and wants me to pay for it!

Hello tisket885! Let's take a look at this and see what's going on. I'll be sending you a private message, please check your inbox and get back to me when you have a chance.

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat