Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some questions about the iphone

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Some questions about the iphone

Hello everyone, so i have been reading the forum lately and have been confused and wanted someone to clarify some things for me.

So i have a family plan without data with 4 lines in it, and 1 line is eligible for upgrade on 1/03/12, i want to add a new line so that i could get the iphone 4S, then change the old phone # to the iphone, and then cancel the old line. Now then, can i do that? and would i be canceling my old line and keeping the same phone number? or am i just canceling the new 2 year contract that comes with the iphone?

Also i called sprint a few days ago and asked if i could get a cheaper data plan for the iphone instead of the unlimited ones and the person i was talking to said that i could add $15 a month instead, but i couldn't find anything on the web about this, so i just wanted to make sure since i don't really need unlimited data as im almost always around wifi.

Sorry if this is confusing, and thanks for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

sprint654124,

Thanks for the post and I apologize for the confusion. To clarify, if you use the upgrade eligibility from one line, it will renew the contract on that line for 24 months, should you cancel that line you will be charged an early termination fee of $350.00.

We only offer our Everything Data plan w/ 10.00 Premium Data for the iPhone, which is unlimited. Sprint does not tier data like Verizon Wireless and AT&T.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

William

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Wizard

sprint654124,

Thanks for the post and I apologize for the confusion. To clarify, if you use the upgrade eligibility from one line, it will renew the contract on that line for 24 months, should you cancel that line you will be charged an early termination fee of $350.00.

We only offer our Everything Data plan w/ 10.00 Premium Data for the iPhone, which is unlimited. Sprint does not tier data like Verizon Wireless and AT&T.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

William

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

So to get the iphone i would have to upgrade my data plan to the everything data family? i can't just add the cheap $15 data plan? =/

Highlighted
Journeyman

All smartphones have to be on unlimited plans for data. Sorry also when you do upgrade the plan it will be for all 4 lines so all lines recieve the benifits if the other 3 lines are not smartphones they will not be charged the 10$ premuim fee only the iphone will be charged that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you want the iphone I suggest you add a line get the phone at subsidized price, then swap the phone numbers. Cancel and pay whatever the ETF is on the old line which should be only about 40-50 dollars for you since your close to term you can look it up to find out exactly. Now since you family plan has no data you have to get a data plan for the iphone your looking at 30 dollars a month for data and 10 dollar smartphone charge. So its 40 dollars a month additional for that phone. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat