cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam / Prank calls to Sprint Iphones

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Spam / Prank calls to Sprint Iphones

I'm having the exact same problem. My hubby's iPhone got the really long number and I get the 865-6696 at least 4 times a day 7 days a week. There has to be a way to find out who is behind it and get the number blocked.

Journeyman

8656696 Spells out Unknown.  Any unidentified caller will show up as that number.  In my experience Unknown numbers are usually the 800 numbers.

Journeyman

Yeah I figured that out immediately after posting. Ridiculous. There is an 877 number that calls sometimes immediately after the unknown but blocking that does nothing for the unknown. Landlines can block private callers cell phones should be able to as well.

Journeyman

I Have been having this problem ever since i got my iphone the next day i was getting private calls and what noT and so is my husband I go to say its annoying!!!!

SPRINT SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT BLOCKING PRIVATE CALLS NOW!

Journeyman

Happening to me too! I get at least one telemarketing call per day now. I am on the "do not call" list but, it has not helped. When I block a number through the Sprint website it just disappears from the list the next day. Very irritating!

Journeyman

This is an international number. I found out it was an international number when I called Sprint to have them block another number I was getting harassing calls from. I also found out the 77-code is the international code for India, in case someone wants to know.

Unfortunately, Sprint won't block all incoming/outgoing international calls, but you can contact the Sprint International department directly to have them block it.

Master

It is not an international number, It is an issue with the way private numbers are being displayed on the device.

Journeyman

So it's been over a month since Sprint is "investigating" according to this post.  I just got one of these calls tonight and evidently I have nothing I can do.  Come on Sprint, you should be able to figure this out and take care of your customers......

Journeyman

Sprint and Google Voice work natively together now, at least on the iPhone 4s.

Steps to block a number this method:

1. Create a Google Voice account.

2. Sync your number with it.

3. In Google Voice, click Contacts on the left.

4. Add a contact with the harrassers phone number.

5. On the right hand side of that contact, click Edit Google Voice Settings

6. Where it says "Ring Default Phones" click Edit

7. Select the bottom radio button and from the drop down select Block Call.

A few steps, but you can easily add a bunch of blocked contacts and such this way.

Journeyman

Me and my husband are getting prank calls in the middle of the night from the same number. On my phone (HTC 3D) it shows up Private on his I-phone 4s it shows up with the number 7748283686237. These pranksters know us, they are calling me then him right after and even referred to him by his nickname while talking to me on my phone before calling him. Please tell me what i can do to block this caller or have whoever is calling traced. Thanks

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.