cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam / Prank calls to Sprint Iphones

Journeyman

Just wondering if anyone else has been getting prank calls from strange phone numbers.  I got a call in the middle of the night from 774-828-368-6237.  Because of the length of the number, I'm not able to block it using the "block voice" on sprint's web site.  Appartently other people are having this same problem  http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/7748283686237  and it seems to be only Sprint Iphone customers getting called from this number. 

The other Iphone we have keeps getting calls from 865-6696.  No area code on this one that once again cannot be blocked on the Sprint web site.  Only 10 digit numbers can be blocked using the Sprint web site. 

I called sprint customer service and they had no clue what to do and they said they could not block the numbers.  After handing me off to 3 different agents they hung up on me? 

Anyone else have this happening?

80 REPLIES
Master

Sorry you are having this problem.  The problem is the caller id is being spoofed by an application on the calling device.

With out the correct calling number we cannot block the service.  We understand the frustration that this causes

Journeyman

I'm having the same issue, two days in a row

Journeyman

It seems to only happen with Private numbers they are ususally someone I know it just doesn't say private but has all of those numbers.

Master

Good catch GEEKLADYMJAY, On the phones keypad 7748283686237 does correspond/spell out PRIVATENUMBER.

Journeyman

OOooooohhhh. Ok.  So did you already know that or did you jusf figure that out.  Good catch on your part Levi4u!

Journeyman

I am having the same problem with that number!! Did you figure how to make it stop calling?

Journeyman

It is not a prank caller it is the corresponding numbers to private number it is actually someone calling who has their number marked private so instead of it saying "Private Number" the phone key number's that correspond with "Private Number" comes up instead.

It is always someone I know when it comes up I always let it go to voice mail and it is always the same couple of people that I know with a private number.

Journeyman

Re: Spam / Prank calls to Sprint Iphones

I have been having this problem ever since I started  using my iPhone. It's very annoying

Re: Spam / Prank calls to Sprint Iphones

"Unknown", "Restricted", and "Private Number" calls may not display correctly on UI during mobile terminated voice calls.

The following may be displayed: "7748283686237"

Sprint is currently aware of this and is investigating.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.