cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam / Prank calls to Sprint Iphones

Journeyman

Re: Spam / Prank calls to Sprint Iphones

I RECEIVED A CALL FROM THIS PHONE NUMBER 865-6696 (NO AREA CODE).  I HAVE A IPHONE AND AM ALSO ON SPRINT. HOWEVER, I ANSWERED THE CALL AND IT WAS A FRIEND OF MINE WHO IS ON VERIZON AND THAT'S NOT HER PHONE NUMBER BUT SHE CALLED ME FROM HER PHONE!

Journeyman

I got some calls from 7748283686237.

Contaacted Sprint, it's an International call. I asked them to block it.

It is now blocked.

Journeyman

I am having the same issue. Just got my iPhone in January. Keep getting calls from 865-6696 at random times.

Journeyman

Well what application can it be? An incoming phone number w/o an area code is usless trying to track. This number 865-6696 calls several times EVERY DAY

Master

The number is from UKNOWN, For some reason the iPhone is giving it to you in number format. UKNOWN=8656696 on the dialpad.
As well as the post a couple above, It is not an international call, It's a call coming in marked as "PRIVATENUMBER" the iPhone again is giving it in number format PRIVATENUMBER=7748283686237. It has to many numbers for Sprint to block it.

Journeyman

Levi4u, you are incorrect.

Sprint blocked 7748283686237 for me! They said I would get no more calls and I haven't.

It's an internation number, as I said.

They blocked all international calls for me.

If it was a 10 digit number I would have blocked it myself.

Master

No, I'm correct.
http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/80733

Title:Apple iPhone 4S - Incoming 'Unknown' and 'Private Number' Voice Calls Not Displaying Correctly
Posted Date:10/14/2011
Issue Type:Known Issue

"Unknown", "Restricted", and "Private Number" calls may not display correctly on the UI during mobile terminated voice calls.

The following may be displayed:   "7748283686237"

Action: Educate

No action is required.  Please educate the customer.

Sprint is investigating.

Journeyman

Sorry I took the word of a Sprint employee chat person.

Sprint needs to educate or tell their team to stop lieing to customers. They said the number was blocked, but I just got another call!

Today I called about getting calls from this number...[..]. The first Sprint person said he couldn't block 7 digit numbers so I asked for a supervisor.

The supervisore said I would get no more calls on that number. He assured me but now I don't believe him either.

Message was edited by: mapesy

Journeyman

Im having this number call me as well. 865-6696 with no area code. very annoying

Journeyman

Don't waste your time going to Spring Chat or dialing *2. They will lie, assuring you the number has been blocked.  Or tell you to install the YouMail app. They don't tell you the app will not help for it can't do anything with 7 or 13 digit numbers.  I've also talked with their supervisors, they have the same answers.

I feel Sprint could stop Unkown calls if they really wanted to. If spammers can use that number Sprint should be able to block it. But now all we can block are 10 digit numbers.

I've never received any 7 or 13 digit numbers on my landline, it only effects my Sprint.

I wonder if other mobile phone companies are effected with this? I will find out before renewing with Sprint.

Master

Sprint can only block 10 digit numbers if the number that is presented on the caller id is being  spoofed  we do not have a number we can block   the number     8656695   spells out   unknown   The other numbers you see spell out  private call or restricted   We do not have the ability to block  these calls  in  our system   We would be  more than happy to do  so .  For some reason the apple user interface presents the call this way.  We are working  to resolve the issue .

Journeyman

Then Sprint should provide the ability to block unkown calls. Sprint enigneers can do anything that's requested by the company. There is probably a $ reason this hasn't already been taken care of.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat